Chapter 4: Hogsmeade

It had been around a month since Quidditch tryouts, and it had been a rather dull month; nothing much had happened, apart from Harry and Hermione's second meeting with Dumbledore, which was very interesting. They had seen Tom asking Slughorn about dark magic, but they found out the memory had been tampered with. Therefore, they had a new task; they needed to get the real version of the memory, which means they needed to befriend Slughorn even more. That was going to be a challenge.

"Okay, this is going to be a lot harder than I anticipated," Hermione said, sounding very worried.

"Yeah, but I'm sure we can get through it," Harry said, sounding a lot more confident than Hermione.

"How can you be so sure? Do you know something I don't?" Hermione questioned.

"No, but I have you, and that's all I need, and it's all I'll ever need," Harry said truthfully, looking at Hermione, who was yet again, furiously blushing.

"Oh, Harry," Hermione said, throwing her arms around him, never wanting to let go.

"As much as I love hugging you, 'Mione, we need to get back," Harry said, untangling himself from Hermione.

"Yes, let's go back," Hermione said, sounding calm on the outside, but on the inside, she was screaming. He loves hugging me! Hermione thought to herself.

-

A couple of days went by. Harry and Hermione were still trying to figure out how to get the real version of Slughorn's memory out of him. Yet, their thoughts were interrupted by Professor McGonagall walking into the common room.

"Remember, students, tomorrow is a Hogsmeade day, so make sure you get up extra early! And that includes you, Weasley!" Minerva said, looking at Ron, who was half-asleep on the couch.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot about Hogsmeade," Harry said. Hermione shook her head.

"You don't remember a lot, do you, Harry?" Hermione chuckled.

"Hey! I remember the important things," Harry said, throwing his arms up in mock-frustration.

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Hermione questioned, curious to see what his answer would be.

"Well, I remember to do this. Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the honor of accompanying me to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Harry said, scooting closer to Hermione.

"As a da-date?" Hermione said, getting slightly nervous.

"As I recall, it's our second date," Harry whispered.

"I'd love to Harry," Hermione said, a massive grin plastered on her face.

"Sounds good; I'm going to go and get my stuff ready then, make sure you wrap up. It's going to be cold," Harry said, getting up to leave.

"Erm, You forgot something again," Hermione said, pointing at her cheek; she didn't know where this confidence was coming from, but she went with it.

"Oh, I'm sorry, 'Mione," Harry said, placing a light kiss on her cheek.

"It's okay, as long as you don't forget again," Hermione said, smiling at Harry.

"Never," Harry said before walking up to his room to get ready for tomorrow. Hermione was ecstatic, that is until she heard a voice behind her.

"What the hell was that?" Ginny shouted

"What are you on about, Ginny?" Hermione said, a confused look overtaking her face,

"What is going on between you and Harry? Why are you so close to him?" Ginny spat.

"Why am I so close to him? Maybe because we have been through countless life-threatening events together, or maybe because he has saved my life more times than I can count. Or maybe, it's because we're best friends and I'm allowed to spend time with my friends!" Hermione said in one breath; she knew she was lying. She and Harry were not best friends, they were something more, but neither of them had admitted it yet.