💌𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 46

"This is me"

~~♠♣♥♦~~

{Day 7}
{Part 2 / 2}

The faint sound of drums were being hit, getting louder and louder every second.

Yep, as I though, this was going to be different from last years performance. And a lot different at that.

After a little while, performers started to walk out on stage in their white cultural clothing. It wasn't anything fancy, just a simple walk. But once they all got out on stage, I caught my eyes on a certain someone in particular. And that person was Hiria.

She stood right in the front row, centre of everyone. She deferentially stood out, as always. But she kept a big confident smile on her face.

Her outfit was a little different than everyone else's, it still had the same style, but her outfit had a bit of blue and yellow, most likely symbolizing the flag of Tokelau. On her Ei, but as well as the other accessorizes like the necklace made of pearls around her neck.

I have to admit, she looked absolutely stunning this year round...

The drumming stops for a moment, silence washed over the church. We all waited for it to start.
Then suddenly, the drums started to sound again, and the performers started to sing and dance.

As soon as I heard the first few words of the song and saw the first few movements, I was already entrapped in amazement.
The women's movements were graceful, the men's were stern and precise, and the singing was so captivating.

The mixtures of high and low tones, totally in key and in rhythm with the dancing, it made this performance perfect.

Also what made it even cooler was the fact that-- for whatever reason... they're using fire in this performance.

Well, Hiria was at least.

And man... did she knew how to work with fire...   o_o

Oh- she almost caught herself on fire there---

The performance went on though, and me as well as everyone else seemed to really enjoy it. Especially the islander children.

Soon they'll be up on that stage doing what the performers are doing right now.

From what I remember, Hiria was just as eager to go on stage as a child. Even though she wasn't like everyone else, she still wanted to be up on a stage and preform for people.

One of her many dreams was to be a national performer---- until she met me, Dria and Luna--- erm.. Loveless.

Idk, I think we distracted her and she just kept it as a part time hobby.
Oh man- we're horrible friends. Me more so than Dria and Loveless.

It was about fifteen minutes of stage performance before they finally put it to a end. The performers got off the stage and then the pastor went up again, talking about god or something along the line.

I think this is one of the more boring parts of being at these festivals every year, I'm not much of a person to go to church... But I guess the one plus to it is the church wine they serve... That stuff is good.

Good juice.

The rest of the speech was a blur, but sooner than I knew it, we all were taken to an outside dining area.