𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢 - 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎

Start from the beginning

Joe looked at Madelyn and smirked. "Now, you know Daryl, don't you?" Joe asked. "Stand up."

Madelyn stood up, a gun still held at her head. Joe went over to her and another man held a gun to Rick. "Aren't you stunning?" Joe asked, running his finger down Madelyn's cheek, making her close her eyes in disgust. "How could I kill a pretty little thing like you?"

"Please, stop hurting Daryl." Madelyn said. "Please."

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Joe said before putting his finger on the trigger.

"No, leave her alone." Rick said as he tried to get up but was pulled back down. Michonne tried to help but like Rick, she was being forced to sit.

"Listen, it was me. It was just me." Rick said.

"See now, that's right." Joe said, going back over to Rick and another gunman going to Madelyn. "That's not some damn lie. Look, we can settle this. We're reasonable men. First, we're gonna beat Daryl to death. Then, we'll take the girl."

"No, please." Madelyn said as she looked away from the group beating Daryl. She couldn't watch.

"Actually, we'll take both of the girls. Then the kid in the car. Then I'm gonna shoot you and then we'll be square." Joe said to Rick. One of the men had gotten Carl out of the car and pushed him to the floor.

"Let him go." Rick said as Joe laughed. "Let him go."

Rick then used his head to push Joe back, causing the gun to go off. Rick then got up and punched Joe in the face. Joe punched Rick back, making him fall to the ground. "I got him. Oh, it's gonna be so much worse now." Joe said as he began beating Rick.

"No, kill me, Joe. Just kill me! Leave Rick and Daryl." Madelyn begged but Joe ignored her.

Michonne tried to take one of the guns from the men but failed. "Come on, get up." Joe said to Rick as he tried to get up.

"Come on, Rick!" Madelyn said.

"Come on, let's see what you got." Joe said to Rick.

"You leave him be." Rick said as he got up.

"What the hell are you gonna do now, sport?" Joe asked before Rick bit him in the neck before ripping a piece of flesh off, making Madelyn and Michonne watch in horror as Joe fell to the ground. Joe's men were distracted with what had happened so Michonne and Madelyn quickly grabbed the guns that were being held to them and shot the men. With all the men distracted, Daryl was also able to fight back as Michonne and Madelyn went around, killing every single man until they were dead.

Madelyn looked up at Daryl who was leaning on the car and ran over to him, jumping onto him and wrapping her legs around his waist before kissing him. "I thought you were dead." Madelyn cried before kissing him again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Daryl said before leaving kisses all over her face. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"

"No, I'm fine, you big dumbass." Madelyn said, making Daryl smile before kissing her again. Once they had kissed, Madelyn got down from Daryl. "How did you get mixed up with those guys?"

"After I left the church house, you weren't there. I looked everywhere and they found me. I knew they were bad, but they had a code. It was simple, stupid, but it was something. It was enough." Daryl said.

"I get it. You were alone." Madelyn said.

"They said they were looking for some guy. Last night, they said they spotted him." Daryl said. "They were looking for Rick because he killed their guy. I was hanging back. I was gonna leave, but I stayed. I shouldn't have-"

"Hey, it's okay. You didn't have any other choice." Madelyn said as she caressed his cheek.

"I stayed and that's when I saw you four. When you all saw me. I didn't know what they could do." Daryl said.

"That is not on you, D. It's not." Madelyn said.

"She's right." Rick said as he approached. "You being back here with us now, that's everything. You're my brother."

Daryl nodded in appreciation before Rick went to check on Carl. "I'm so sorry. I know you told me to wait but there were walkers everywhere and I had no ammo and-"

"Hey, it's okay. You're alive because you ran. That's all that matters to me." Daryl said before leaving a kiss on her forehead.

" Daryl said before leaving a kiss on her forehead