Chapter 2 ~ Normal Not Normal Day

Start from the beginning

"Take one. I know you two were very close. I talked to a few other senior agents at your office and they told me you were quite close with Mohanson."

"Yes, sir. We were actually set to be married this time last year ..." Aspen spoke softly.

"I see." He replied intertwining his fingers while leaning back.

"But," She sat up straight and looked him dead in the eyes. "I won't let that ever affect my work. Even when going after his killer, I never once let my emotions take control. I put the FBI before my own emotions, ninety-nine per cent of the time, sir." 

"Well, now it is NCIS." He smiled. "Now, Agent Gibbs should be arriving any moment." He glanced up at the clock. "Knowing that team, they'll get a call here in about three minutes so I would start heading down and getting to know the Agents."

"Of course, thank you," Aspen said getting up and giving a small bow. He laughed and gave her a nod as she walked out the door. Once the door was shut, he sat down and opened up the file on his desk, and read it with a smirk. He just hoped that the team would figure out who she was before she did.

***

After Aspen left the office she walked down the stairs and found herself face to face with the same Agent from before. She smiled and walked over to the same Agent that gave her directions

"Can I help you?" He asked. Before she could answer him, another woman spoke up.

"I'm Agent Ziva David." The woman with olive skin said reaching out. Aspen smiled and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Ziva." 

"I'm Agent Timothy McGee." Said the same kind of Agent who gave her directions to the Director's office. 

"Nice to meet you again, Tim." She shook hands with him and smiled. "I'm Aspen."

"Aspen? That's a nice name. Isn't that a sort of tree?" Ziva questioned. Aspen nodded. 

"Yes, my Mom was and still is very into nature, and well, the name stuck." 

"That's really cool!"McGee commented sitting back down at his desk. Aspen looked around and noticed a desk just beside McGee's and walked over.

"Is this anyone's desk?" She asked pointing to it. Both Ziva and Tim both nodded as they began to type away on their computers. She nodded and began to sit and get used to her new desk. As a part-time agent, Aspen bounced from many desks, and she most of the time just stood and wrote on the wall as the hard surface. 

She opened up the drawers and saw most were filled with bits of junk and some OLD flies. She pulled them out and as she placed them on the desk, plofs of dust. 

"How long has it been since someone's sat here?" She spoke while standing up and waving the dust away. McGee looked up and laughed.

"Has anyone ever sat there, would be the better question. In all my years here, no one has sat there. Tony?" Aspen looked over at the desk she passed and made eye contact with the other man from before. He just leaned back and chuckled.

"I don't know, the last thing I heard was that the last agent who sat there was shot." He smiled over at Aspen which gave her the creeps.

"Quit undressing me with your eyes. It's not at all flattering." She said while sitting back down and continuing to pull junk and files out of the drawers. 

"Whoa! I was NOT undressing you with my eyes!" DiNozzo said while getting up and walking over to her desk. "What gave you that idea?" Aspen sat back and glared at him.

"For starters, you just scream office flirt. Second, you put your hands behind your head as if you planned on being in that position for a while. Thirdly, your eyes moved up and down my body lingering on my chest and ass. Finally, you're getting defensive right now which means I was correct." Aspen went back to working on the desk as Tony stood there gawking at her.

"That THAT proves nothing!" He said pointing a finger at her. She just looked back up at him.

"I'd move that finger before you lose it." Tony quickly pulled back his finger and rubbed it. 

"Is it a requirement to be so cocky at the FBI?" He said raising an eyebrow. 

"It is if you want to survive past the first week. Especially if you were a girl in that office who is only just a part-time agent AND the step-sister of a cop killer." She said not even looking at him in the eye. "Is there anything else, Agent ...?" 

"DiNozzo, Anthony DiNozzo." He reached his hand back out for a shake. Aspen reached up and shook his hand. 

"Aspen Jacobs." 

"Wait a minute ... Jacobs? As in Jason Jacobs?"McGee questioned from his desk. Aspen slowly nodded her head. 

"Didn't he kill some FBI Agents in Texas?" Ziva said getting up. 

"Yeah, about 20 right?"

"Yep. That's him. My lovely stepbrother. Jason John Jacobs ... JJ when we were younger. Now it's a little scheming scumbag who deserves to rot away in federal prison for the rest of his miserable fucking life." Aspen said as she clenched her fists and banged her desk.

"Geez Jacobs. Got some anger issues there?" Tony said sitting on the desk. Aspen glared and he jumped off the desk.

"Anger issues, don't even begin to explain what I feel towards him." She said.