𝟐𝟓|𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

Start from the beginning

My heart jumped, seeing him in front of me with his brown locs combed back and his pastel green shirt engulfed in cat fur. Before i could make a move he immediately walked over and sat next to me carefully, so as to not wake the kitten.

"W-where have you been? We've been looking for you" his eyes were searching for mine. Clearly looking for an explanation on my amid disappearance and quitting the kings. He was gently caressing the kitten, I've never seen that one before. I suppose he's new. I wonder what his name is, he was white and black and the size of Liam's palm. Maybe even smaller than that considering his hand is pretty big.

"Why did you leave the kings? What happened?" I still couldn't find the words to explain myself. I suppose none of them knew what happened, and quite obviously Jenna hasn't told either of them she saw me last; not that it's in the least surprising.

I sighed, trying to get my thoughts in one place.

"It's Adam isn't it?" He wondered softly.

And then it came out like a waterfall, i told him everything. From the night at the balcony to the next day. When i decided to tell him i wanted us too, when i mustered up everything in me to go see him that day. That it took so much in me to take that step, just for it to hit me in the face.

I could feel tears well up in my eyes. Ew. I immediately looked up to stop them from gliding down my cheeks. I am not about to become a hot mess.

He gave me a warm sympathetic smile. If he about to say 'I told you so' i will knock him out like WWE K'O.

"Do you feel better being apart from us?" He gently nudged, his glimmering blue eyes staring into me. The little kitten snuggled onto his lap found itself awake, almost as if it caught itself off guard before leaping out of his lap.

Liam promptly stretched his arm which i assume probably felt numb being in one position holding a cat for this long. I didn't even realize he then placed his arm behind my head on the couch's head rest.

Wait this is a really small couch, we're awfully close next to each other and marmalade has already left my lap. Why can't these cats stay in one place. We're not made of stone we have to move a little.

"I did get the space i needed, but it just doesn't feel the same" I sighed. I just want things to go back the way it was. With the girls laughing about, minus Adam obviously.

"What can i do to make you feel better?" He queried in a hushed tone, his gaze searching for me but my mind was elsewhere. I felt empty. And at this moment right now I hated that i wished i was in the presence of someone else. Someone with chocolate brown eyes that shimmer different under the golden sun light. Someone that looked like a painting when they're looking away from you, they're unfairly long eyelashes complimenting their face. Their rare smile making you feel like you're in the presence of something special.

But that's not him, and he's not here. And it's time i come to terms with not seeing him again. Block him in real life.

Ew you're embarrassing the all the girls of  Hot girl summer, get your shit together.

My head slumped, trying my best to hide my emotion. Hesitantly looking up to meet Liam's gaze, who's expression has turned to a worried one. I can feel his large hand reach over to caress my cheek, its either his palm or my cheek but either way it felt warm.

He tilted his head to match my eye level, a smile forming in his pinkish lips. "If only i met you sooner" he almost whispered, before brushing his hand over his curly locs.

He exhaled deeply.

"You love him...don't you?"

I could feel all my bottled up crashing inside me like a sea wave to the shore. How could I just forget how he makes me feel. It's not like i can easily slide off the fact that i was prepared to give us a chance. I was prepared to be with Adam King. Why hide it? From the time he changed routes to take me to that bougie ass place for dinner I knew i always felt something for him. Why did it have to be him? Why did it have to turn out this way?

I hesitantly nodded my head, maybe its the shame or I'm embarrassed but i just couldn't look him in the eye after that. Maybe I'm just embarrassed to be in love with a guy who's obviously seeing someone else whilst fucking around with your feelings. Get it together.

"You know...he was frantically looking for you since we got your letter. Like a maniac" Liam disclosed, getting my attention as i shot up to look at him.

"He hasn't been the same since you left, moody and easily irritable"

"Isn't he always like that?" Liam let out a chuckle. I mean that's pretty on brand for Adam, he's alway moody and always acting irritated at the world. At least that's how he was when we met. Now i don't even know anymore. I just can't tell who he really is.

"Not when he's practically like a zombie. He's obviously very upset"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you trying to say?"

Liam drove his hand through his hair again, to stop his locs from falling onto his forehead.

"I'm saying that that's not how someone would act if they..." he trailed off, his eyes reading mine.  "Weren't in love with you too"

I huffed, brushing off what Liam just told me. Yeah thats very confusing and extremely unbelievable. But it does explain Adam's text at 5 in the morning.

"I think you should talk to him...you both need it" he advised. His signature gentle smile on his lips.

                                 ───※ ·❆· ※───

Liam and i said our goodbyes to each other, he embraced me in a long bear hug. As if I'd go missing indefinitely and he'd never see me again. It was kinda nice seeing him, and i guess i sort of needed that. I can just tell the girls are gonna lose their shit when they find out i met Liam and not them first. Oh god Rhiannon will beat my ass and hand me a new one. It's reassuring to know i have found caring and loving friends from this whole situation, jokes aside from Rhi beating my ass, the girls are very protective of me after all. And once they find out why i left, i  think I'll have to worry for Adam's life.

Spending time with Anna in the city, we watched another movie, but in the theatre this time, grabbed a few drinks at a small bar in the city followed by dinner at this KBBQ we had our mind set on the night before.

And then we headed back home. 

An hour ride back on the train, the two of us just joked around in the almost emptying train, since our stop is the second to last one. Besides we have to be fully alert since it's very dark and its just the two of us. Oh the things women have to worry about.

I feel a little relieved, i met the cats, i met Liam. They're all doing okay, and once I'm ready I'll head back. It's not like i can be gone for too long i mean i do pay rent for my apartment. I HAVE to be back.

Settling down back home i was prepared to take a long ass boiling hot shower enough to melt off my skin and head to bed. I decided to head back day after. Deciding I'm too lazy to go back tomorrow since i was already out today. If i was lazy before, i sure am a lot more now.

"Uhh Theia? There's some guy outside our door?" Anna called out for me in an alarmed tone. I jerked out of my senses to be just as worried if not a little scared, sneaking my way up to Anna who was trying her best to look out the window without getting caught.

Now of course the two of us are gonna be shit scared, its two grown ass women alone in one house in the suburbs. If its a robber though, they've got nothing to steal, we're both broke ass hell with 5 dollars in our bank account at best.

"Should i get the knife" i whispered, nudging my cousin who was scrunching her face to get a better look.

"What the fuck? Is that a Lamborghini" I immediately lost my fear and stood up straight.

Now which god damn thief tries to rob houses in a Lamborghini.

Wait.

Could it?

I nudged past Anna to get a better look outside the window myself.

I felt my heart start revving like a car engine. The hair on my skin rise. I felt as if i had no control over my body, i was functioning on pure impulse. No thoughts, head empty; stomping towards the door  and rushing outside.

"Adam?"