♧Chapter 15♧

*Branch's point of view*

Ok so for the first time in my life I'm actually struggling with writing, if you gave me all of the paper in the world I would be able to fill it all with all sorts of poems and drawings without any issue, why? Well that's because I have a nice love for poetry and each one I write is always different. Well then again even if they are all different that doesn't change the fact they're all about Poppy-

WAIT WAIT WAIT

ITS JUST A HOBBY I'M NOT A CREEPY STALKER I PROMISE!

Now where was I? Oh yeah my writing...I'm actually nervous about the letter, since this is the first time someone is actually gonna be nice to Poppy willingly and I guess I'm afraid that she's going to tell and show all her friends or something, which is the last thing I need.

Please don't judge me that I actually do want to be Poppy's pen pal...

Go ahead laugh it up...I know it's absolutely stupid of me but it would be a nice way to see how she's doing, plus I have been a jerk to her for all my life so I guess just writing to her is the least I can do. I can only imagine the amount of pain I cause her...I always go back home feeling as guilty as ever and it hurts, I know writing to her isn't gonna fix anything but it would at make her happy, right?

And I just miss her so much...

So so much...

I had another one of my dreams last night and...oh God I think I almost died when I woke up, I had sweat all over my face and my I was as red as a tomato which was just humiliating.

I don't know when these dreams will stop but hopefully it's soon because I don't think I can handle it anymore, it's just too much...

I don't know how I'm supposed to stop them, maybe if I just stopped thinking about Poppy for a change but that's impossible. They say people dream because of unconscious desires and wishes but even if I wish for Poppy to be together it will only happen in my dreams.

It's not like anyone is interested in me anyway, let alone the princess.

Well, except for a bunch of 14 year old girls on the internet but they don't count cause I'm not real and they creep me out.

Anyway back to my letter, how should I even start? If I'm nice would I end being too nice? If I'm grumpy as usual will I just hurt her again? What about if I'm neutral? Will I just come off as weird?

Or maybe I'm just overcomplicating everything...

I know it may seem that way but I really want this letter to be perfect and the slightest mess up could easily make her change her mind about this, so of course I'll have to be careful with my words on this one.

*Poppy's point of view*

Ok, today is the moment of truth...

Today is the day that I'm gonna see if Branch wrote back! I just want to be able to see if he's ok while he's all alone down there...I really do miss him he was tough to love but worth the effort.

Don't tell anyone I said this but...I may or may not have softened him up a few times before.

It was such a nice feeling, his smile is so cute and when he would actually let me hug him was one of the best feelings in the world, he never hugged back but it was still better than being pushed away.

All I need to do is be gentle and maybe...just maybe this could work.

As I was walking to Branch's bunker I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.