♧Chapter 6♧

Everything was finished Branch had all the food, water, weapons, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, clothes, and everything else he needed for exactly 10 years...

'So why didn't I want to go into my bunker just yet?' He thought

It was such a weird feeling, he was basically waiting for this moment for most of his life so why was he so hesitant about it? Was it because he couldn't believe it's finally happening? Was it because he was afraid he wouldn't have enough supplies? Or was it because...

Would he miss her?

When that last question came to mind he gasped and covered his mouth and stumbled backwards, he hasn't even stepped inside his bunker yet and he was already missing her!? HOW!? His bunker was right in front of him and all he had to do was step inside and yet SOMEHOW without her even being here she was already pulling him back!

Branch: UGH!!

He shouted I'm frustration while ruffling his jet black hair.

Branch: WHY DOES SHE MAKE ME SO WEAK?!?!

*Branch's point of view*

I don't know why I asked myself that...I knew the answer to that question all too well, as much as I hate to admit it I'm in love with her. Her kindness and her beauty is the only thing that can make me feel something other than the crippling sadness that I feel Every.Single.Day....feeling that small bit of happiness is what really gets me through the day and that's also what I hate most about it...

Because of this feeling, I can feel myself becoming weaker and weaker, my life would be so much easier without these feelings. I wouldn't waste my time admiring her if I didn't have these feelings, I wouldn't write stupid embarrassing poems if I didn't have these feelings, I would be in my bunker right now if I didn't have these feelings!

I wouldn't be Creeks stupid punching bag if I didn't have these feelings...

I groaned in annoyance I got everything I needed and the entrance to my bunker was right in front of me, all I needed to do was walk in and I can't even do that because of all of these stupid feelings! But you know what? I worked hard on this plan and it's not even that late at night...maybe I can look at her just one last time. It's a stupid idea I know but...I just want to see her beautiful smiling face one more time...I sometimes look at her for hours without realizing it and it kinda makes me feel like a creep but if I can't admire her glamorous features up close doing it from afar is all I can do...

I'll take what I can get.

*Princess Poppy's point of view*

As I jumped up and down I can feel my feet hitting the soft and fuzzy mushroom that I was on top of, I looked to see all of my lovely people dancing, cheering, and celebrating their freedom! I felt so alive even if Branch wasn't here it was nice to know I was able to please the rest of my people...

Although I probably would've been happier if Branch was here...but I can't let that get me down I still got a whole lifetime to cheer him up, right? It's not like he's going anywhere!

*Nobody's point of view*

Branch could feel the cold and wet grass each time he took a step, he knew he might catch a cold but it would be worth it if he could see her just one last time...

He was not going to see her beautiful smile for 10 years so all he asks is that he gets one last good look at it before his important plan. It wouldn't be hard to find the party, like what Branch had said the parties that trolls throw are LOUD and BRIGHT so all he had to do was follow the colorful strobe lights and noisy music.

Even from the forest Branch could still see the colorful lights poke in between the tall trees and plants, not only that but the music was just as loud as ever maybe even louder! The closer he got the more he thought 'This is a death trap' but then he also remembered what he was going there for in the first place...

So even though this was setting off all the red flags in history...it was still worth it if he could just get a glimpse of the princess's beauty, he knows he's going to miss her so hopefully looking at her one last time will give him the strength to finally set his plan into motion.

As he got closer the more anxious he got...these loud noises gave him the feeling like a Bergan was watching him right now...it made his hands start to shake from just the two of their beady yellow eyes and their crooked smile, he had to look at those features every year when he was a kid and he doesn't plan on looking at them ever again.

But sooner or later he finally came to perfect spot on a cliff where he could see not just the village...but he could also see her...

'She looks so cute when she gets excited...' he thought

He could feel his love for her take over his entire body...and it felt like heaven, normally Branch would try and stop his emotions getting this extreme but this was going to be last time he sees her before he is gone for exactly 10 years and there's no way he was going to hold his emotions back! He loves her and everything about her! He let his guard completely down knowing this was his last time...

Branch: I wish you were mine...but you deserve so much better.

That was the first time Branch had said that out loud, that's how much he buried his emotions he hardly ever expressed his love for Poppy, even when he was alone he would stop so he can focus on something else anything else.

He was suffering so so much from not being able to tell her, while everyone here was enjoying themselves he was here stressed and upset that he would never feel the happiness that they do...

30 minutes later...

Poppy: Ok everyone, I just want to take a moment! And get a little real.

Biggie: P O P P Y She's my friend I know her! :D

Everyone: SSSHHHHH

Mr. Dinkles: Mew

Branch: I should be heading back...

It was getting late,he felt a little tired, and  right now he thinks he admired her enough. So he did the only logical thing...

He turned around and didn't look back...

To be continued...