💌𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 45

Start from the beginning

It was silence between us all. Toby just stares at us for a long moment before replying.
"...okayyyy"

He then turns back and grabs the pot on the counter, he then puts it into the sink. He turns on the sink and waits for a few moments before putting the pot in, proceeding to fill it up a bit with water. The pot started to steam a bit, I was able to make out faint heatwaves coming from the pot itself. Hot water is being used in this instant. Before long, Toby got some dish washing liquid and squirted some inside the pot, grabbing a scrubber nearby and cleaning the insides of the pot.

"Toby. What the fuck are you doing?" Tommy asks

"Cleaning the pot. What else?" Toby replies

"I know that you're washing the fucking pot Toby. But I just want to know why you're cleaning it" Tommy says

"I made us breakfast..." Toby admits, pointing over to the dining table

Me and Tommy's eyes dart over to the table to see three bowls laid out. Metal spoons were placed inside each of the bowl creations.

Growing curious, me and Tommy walked over to the dining table and eyed up the substances in the bowl.

"Berry porridge?" I question

"Y-yeah..!! I hope you both don't mind it" Toby responds with

"Are you kidding?? This actually looks good-- Like- really good!" Tommy says

"You pretty much acted the same when I fed you and Toby those Paua Fritters that one morning..." I murmur

"Okay- look- the contents of what were in those were absolutely revolting. I mean--- you fed us a snail U/N!!" Tommy exclaimed

There he goes-- saying U/N's name weirdly again...
Could he make it anymore obvious before the reveal?

"Eh whatever" I muttered

My gaze then shifts to Toby who looked like he was finishing up on cleaning the pot.
I made by way and took a seat at the table for the first time in a while. I stared at the porridge, it looked really good. I don't normally have porridges for breakfast-- or anything at all for that matter, but this time it will be an exception.

I pulled the metal spoon out of the porridge, seeing a bit of heat emitting from the food. With a single blow of air onto the spoon to cool it down, I inserted the spoon and began to taste the food.

After removing the spoon, I let myself enjoy the flavors of the sweet berries. There's the oats... berries of course... is that skimmed milk I taste too..?

Toby really made something as tasty as this?

I should really do a cooking stream with him if I ever get the chance next....

Tommy sat across from me, seeming to enjoy Toby's meal as well. He was digging in, eating pretty sloppily. Toby comes over a little while later and sits between me and Tommy, also eating his bowl of porridge.

After a few minutes of eating in silence, I decided to speak up.

"...Hey, also. I'd like to remind the two of you that we have to get ready and head to the church hall after this" I say

"Huh? Church hall..?" Toby questions

"We're going to see the man that's god?" Tommy raises an eyebrow

"The main part of the festival will be held there, so that's where we'll be needing to go" I mention

"I didn't bring anything fancy to go to church in" Tommy admits