Eight | Mori's Elaborate Plan.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The midday light brought a brighter palette to the view, as if the artist surrendered to a bonnier mood.

Chuuya was simply sitting at his desk and completing some paperwork; minding his own goddamn business when he suddenly heard the door that led into this office—his own personal office given to him by the boss since he was a hotshot executive—swing open. Usually, he was used to people knocking on the door first before they were told to come inside; he was not used to random people inviting themselves in without his consent. Frankly, he found it quite rude.

Looking up from behind the large stack of papers currently sitting in his hands, he noticed that two of the Port Mafia's honorary guards had entered his office, the first man with his back turned towards Chuuya, and the other one standing directly outside the door, both men heaving as if they were carrying something heavy. Chuuya furrowed his brows when he noticed that the two men were currently standing on either side of a substantially large desk that was being carried into this room, making it a team effort to lift the damn thing as they had brought it inside. Chuuya immediately dropped the papers on his desk, confused as hell.

"What the hell are you two doing?"

Just then—he heard the dismantling sound of familiarly unfamiliar heels clicking on the ground that could have only been worn by one person, and one person only, causing every hair on the back of his neck to stand tall and straight, not because he was necessarily afraid, but because this was literally the worst case scenario. And he wasn't going to have it.

"Right there," the annoying sound of your melodious voice had unwillingly entered Chuuya's ears like an uninvited guest crashing a wedding, as you ordered the men to place down a mahogany desk in the very corner of an office that was certainly not yours. You smiled happily, perfectly satisfied with where they had set down your brand new desk, as you dusted your hands off. "That's perfect guys, thank you."

Chuuya let his icy blue eyes roll up to the woman who had staggered into his office without any kind of formal invitation beforehand. Your heels clicked on the hardwood ground like they were damaging his walnut floor and he had desperately wanted to tell you to just take them off so that he could snatch it out of your hands and stab you with the heels. You had [H/L] [H/C] hair and he noticed that the blouse you were wearing had outlined your black bra underneath, paired with a short skirt that had accentuated your hips, but that wasn't what had almost instantaneously captured his undivided attention. It was the way that you had strutted in; confident and headstrong as if you had owned the place, ordering these two honorary guards as if they were your own personal slaves.

He was not happy.

One of the honorary guards had momentarily left the room, and after a minute, he had waltzed back inside, this time rolling inside a swivel chair to accompany your brand new desk. You thanked the man kindly as you patted his shoulder, dismissing both men before you had plopped yourself into your chair that you were going to have a lot of fun spinning around in, as you placed your arms on the armrests on either side and sat back, relaxing in this position with one leg crossed over the other and your head tilted upwards, tipping your chin towards the ceiling; closing your eyes for a fleeting second and allowing yourself to take a deep breath.