Chapter Fourteen: Decided

Frank's POV
I want to choose Freya.

She betrayed me and it only makes sense that she should be the one Scarlett kills. My children are only caught up in our mess. They are innocent.

But the more I look at her after we made love for most part of the night, the more I feel it would be impossible to part ways with her. I love the treacherous woman. I love her too much.

Pressing a kiss on her temple I quietly left the bedroom. It is already dawn. But I am the only early riser in this house. My family is made up of people who love to sleep too much. These are the people I'm supposed to leave my legacy to.

I passed through my daughter's bedroom. She is sound asleep, snoring even. I adjusted her neck to end the snoring. I pulled the covers thrown all over the place neatly over her. I pity the man who will marry this strong-headed girl. She is in no way the lady type but she has to be the toughest one in the bunch. I kissed her cheek and left her.

Cole is another heavy sleeper. He can sleep through a storm. Unlike Leen, his room is very neat. He sleeps perfectly with his covers straight. Perhaps he should have been the daughter and Leen the son. But he has had a rough time. Naila left him and she is even rumoured to be married already. His heart broke and I'm not sure whether to be happy about it because he started focusing on work. He took it much more seriously. He's been doing well and I'm sure he can succeed me. But she's back and he's becoming that man again. He hasn't learned his lessons. If not for what I have planned I would worry that she will ruin him again.

She got him to get high on drugs. She wrapped him around her little deceitful finger and then broke him. Why won't he learn?

I smiled when I noted he is smiling in his sleep. At least he has some peace. I know for a fact Scarlett won't rest until she has Cole. It is Cole she wants, not Nora. She wants Nora and I to feel the pain if losing a child. She wants us alive to suffer.

"I love you son. Please forgive me for being hard on you." I whispered running my hand over his face. "It's for your own good."

He didn't even feel it.

Can he sense what is about to happen to him?

Later that morning...
"Are you going to stare all day or will you say something." I asked reading my newspaper.

Cole has been quietly staring my way all morning. I have been reading that same page for a whole hour. My mind is heavy with thought.

My wife is seated quietly and faithfully by my left side sipping a cup of tea.

"Dad, can we talk?"

"Talk, I'm multi tasking." I lied.

I am listening carefully. I just can't look at him, not without fear that my plan will fail and I will lose him.

"I proposed to Naila. She said yes. We're getting married."

I set the newspaper aside and looked at the boy. Nora smiled briefly until I reprimanded her with a stern gaze. She ceased promptly."I'll leave you two alone."

I yanked her close pulling her down so that I could whisper into her ear. "Use my car today. Yours is in the garage."

She nodded and quickly left. She will be safer in my car. I am paranoid given Scarlett's fetish for car crashes. She may not wish to kill Nora just yet but I don't want her maimed either.

"Marriage!" I exclaimed sipping my tea to sooth my dry throat. After what she has out him through he wants to marry her? She doesn't take him seriously. "Are you sure you can handle a wild vixen like Naila? Oh wait, Desirée?"