A Falling Bracelet

I panted heavy, trying to take in as much air as my lungs could hold

I panted heavy, trying to take in as much air as my lungs could hold. The smoke inhalation didn't help at all. All I could hear were my coughs as they echo down the empty hall. Everything else seemed peacefully quiet. I didn't know if it was just because I was fading in and out of consciousness. Or they just left me here.

Coughing, I arched down, spitting out the blood that had filled my mouth once again. The throbbing pain in my arms didn't disappear as I wanted it to. Instead, it just got increasingly worst as time went on. I stared at the bare wall infringe of me, having absolutely nothing on my mind. Except for not going into a deep sleep. Which sounded very pleasant right now.

My eyelids felt extremely heavy for a moment as they droop down. Everything went silent for a moment. My ragged breaths were unusually calming. I felt my body fall down onto the cold stone concrete. I didn't have enough energy to get back up again.

"[Y/N]!"

The sound of footsteps came closer. I couldn't open my eyes to witness who it was. I was too tired to. The voice was blurry as I felt him pick me up. Mustering up all my energy, I opened my eyes. Just to see the person I had longed for the most during the whole span of days I had been trap here.

His brows were furrowed in concern as he scrutinized my appearance. Using his fingers, he brushed away the strands of baby hairs that had fallen into my face a few moments ago. He grunted and settled me on the edge of the window. Tilting my face up, I blinked as I reached up to him. Pulling him closer, our lips touched. I smiled and looped my arms around his neck, trying to close the distance between us.

My other hand reached out to grab a handful of his blond hair. He grunted and kissed me back, just how I wanted him to. I pulled away. A cheeky smile was still on my face as I buried my head into his chest. Hoping that he wouldn't suddenly disappear from me. Hoping that he wasn't just one of my many hallucinations.

"What was that for?"

"Why can't I just kiss you?" I flicked his head, "I get to do what I want. I am a grown woman."

"If I wasn't coming to save your ass from your kidnappers. Then I would have assumed that you're drunk." He looked at me with suspicion in his eyes, "Are you fucking drunk?"

I gave him the stink eye, "Yea. I am. Sadly, you had caught me red-handed. Here. Take me to jail for all the sin I had done. I honored to be handcuffed by you." I placed the back of my hand against my forehead as I leaned back.

"Yea. Whatever we have to get out of here before someone spots us."

He scanned around. There were two ways to go. It was either going through the door on the right side or the left side. He shook his head and lifted me up, licking his lips in the process. I grunted in pain as he unintentionally grabbed the brunt wound on my arm. He frowned as he glanced at his now bloodied hand.