Chapter 1

Harry has been flirting with his brother's friend, Louis, forever, and Louis has been shooting down Harry with eye rolls, sass and mean comments for just as long. Despite of that Harry's still good at being confident around the other boy and doesn't exactly plan on toning down the flirting either, as Harry is confident, the feeling is mutual. Louis is just playing hard to get.

It's not the first time he's been to Louis house either, as Harry has tagged along to a couple other parties, either with his stepbrother Liam, or some other friends, because he has a way of convincing people to invite him, without even having to ask. It's probably a combination of his good looks, yeah Harry is not oblivious to those, and the confidence that the boy has worked very hard to obtain.

Either way, here he is headed across the front lawn to Louis' house, the music already clear through the open front door Harry is not with Liam this time though, but walks between his two best friends, Zayn and Niall, as Liam left the house earlier to help Louis set up. They are best friends after all.

Even though Liam and Louis are the kind of friends that, if you didn't know them, you'd be convinced they hated each other with the constant amount of bullying, embarrassing and insulting flying between them.

Is it bad that Harry wants Louis to insult him like that?

But then again, who wouldn't? Louis is really attractive after all. And funny. Hence, why Harry has been flirting with him every opportunity given - preferably while Liam is not present, as he usually slaps Harry or bumps him away and tells him to "Keep it in his pants" with an eyeroll. It's not like Harry wants a serious relationship anyways, it's all just for fun, which softens the blow from Louis' constant rejections.

Louis doesn't seem like the type for serious relationships either - at least he hasn't had any throughout his three years in high school, and he's been friends with Liam since freshman year, so Harry would know, if he had.

Not that that has ever stopped Harry from flirting shamelessly, and his friends often tease him with it. Tonight's no different, as Zayn nudges his shoulder and leans in to whisper something in Harry's ear.

"So, what's the plan for tonight, babes?"

Niall catches Zayn's words, despite of 'Candy Shop' clearly blaring from speakers within the house, and answers before Harry has the chance.

"Flirt excessively and drown him in bad pick-up lines?"

Harry would create a great comeback if that wasn't exactly his plan, word for word. Instead, he just laughs and pushes Zayn away from him.

"Someday it will work, I'm telling you. I can be very charming!"

This only results in eyerolls from both Niall and Zayn and all of them ends up laughing, before they enter the house through the open front door.

***

The entrance to the house is a bit crowded, but luckily none of the boys have jackets to hang, so they just push their way straight through and head for the kitchen, where the alcohol usually can be found.

And, since it's his party, there's a good chance Louis will be found here as well, which is just a plus.

The second, Niall reaches the kitchen, he swaps the bottles of shots they brought for three unopened beers. He hands one of them to Zayn, and throws the other for Harry, who obviously fumbles and almost drops it, the second his eyes meet Louis' across the kitchen.

Luckily Harry saves it before it ends up on the floor, but it wasn't exactly the display of grace and elegance, he'd hoped to impress Louis with. Instead, Louis is now laughing out loud, before turning back to his conversation with a girl, Harry doesn't recognize.