𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 - 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚡𝚘𝚗

Start from the beginning

🧟‍♀️ 🧟🧟‍♀️ 🧟

Madelyn was in the cell block, cleaning out her gun when she felt something press up behind her. She gasped and elbowed whoever it was in the gut, earning a groan of pain from the mystery person.

"Son of a bitch." The person groaned. Madelyn turned around and saw Daryl, clutching his gut in pain.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Madelyn said, going to check on him. "Are you okay?"

"I knew I shouldn't have taught you that." Daryl said as he regained his posture.

"Hey, your fault, not mine." Madelyn smirked, earning a smile from Daryl. Madelyn smiled and pushed a few of Daryl's long strands of hair away from his face. "You know, I am loving this longer hair."

"And you know that I'm loving you." Daryl said before leaving a kiss on her nose.

"And you know that I'm loving you even more." Madelyn said before leaving a kiss on his lips. When Daryl admitted to Madelyn that he loved her, she couldn't help but admit it back. Madelyn loved Daryl and she didn't wanna hide that or keep it in. It was the end of the world. Madelyn wanted to live every day as if it were her last. If she didn't admit it and something were to happen to either herself or Daryl, she would regret it. Plus, everyone in the prison loved Daryl, including a few of the women which Madelyn had to keep an eye out for. Daryl didn't care though. He only had eyes for Madelyn.

"We're going to go out on a run. You wanna join?" Daryl asked.

"Sure. There's something I need to pick up anyways." Madelyn said.

"What is it?" Daryl asked.

"I'll show you when I find it." Madelyn said. Daryl tilted his head in confusion, earning a laugh from Madelyn. "Come on."

Madelyn took Daryl's hand and they both went over to his bike. A group was coming with them, following in two cars. As they drove into the courtyard, they were met with Rick and Michonne. "Well, look who's back." Daryl said to Michonne.

"Didn't find him." Michonne said. Michonne had been looking for the Governor. After all, he was still alive and out there and Michonne couldn't live with that. She wanted him dead. She needed him dead.

"Well, we're glad to see you in one piece." Madelyn said.

"I'm thinking of looking over near Macon." Michonne said. "It's worth a shot."

"Seventy miles of walkers, you might run into a few unneighbourly types." Daryl said. "Is it?"

Michonne said nothing. Rick said nothing.

"We're gonna check out the Big Spot. The one I was talking about. Just seeing." Daryl said to Rick.

"Yeah, I gotta go out and check the snares." Rick said. "I don't want to lose whatever we catch to the walkers."

"I'll go." Michonne said.

"You just got here." Carl said.

"And I'll be back." Michonne said before heading to one of the cars.

"Well, see you, Rick." Madelyn said as Rick opened the gate.

"See you." Rick said. After driving for the little while, the group made it to where they were headed. There was a store that was worth checking out.

"Army came in, put these fences up, made it a place for the people to go." Daryl said as he looked around. "Last week when we spotted this place, there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain link, keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs."

"So, they all just left?" Bob Stookey asked as Daryl pushed the gate opened. The group consisted of Daryl, Madelyn, Michonne, Sasha, Tyreese, Glenn, Bob and Beth's boyfriend, Zach.

"You drew them out?" Michonne asked Sasha.

"Put a boom box out there three days ago." Sasha said.

"Hooked it up to two car batteries." Glenn said.

"Smart thinking." Madelyn said.

"Right, let's make a sweep." Daryl said as everyone went through the gate. "Make sure it's safe. Grab what you can. We'll come back with more people tomorrow."

Everyone had a look around. There were tents up from the military and dead bodies everywhere. So far, there were no walkers around. Everyone went over to the store and Daryl knocked on the glass to draw any walkers that might have been inside.

"Okay, I think I got it." Zach said.

"Got what?" Michonne asked.

"Oh, I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." Zach said, rather intriguing Madelyn. She never really thought about that until that point. She had told him that she used to work in an office in the city but Madelyn had no idea what Daryl did. As Zach talked to Michonne, Madelyn looked at her boyfriend and saw him looking away from Zach, as if he didn't want to tell Zach what he did.

"He's been trying to guess for, like, six weeks." Daryl said.

"I'm pacing myself." Zach said. "One shot a day."

"All right, shoot." Daryl said.

"Well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kinda surly." Zach said. "I see how Madelyn is into that."

Everyone looked at Madelyn who laughed. "What? It's hot." She said, making Michonne smile in amusement.

"Okay, big swing here. Homicide cop." Zach said, making both Michonne and Madelyn burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" Daryl asked.

"Nothing. It makes perfect sense." Michonne laughed.

"Detective Dixon." Madelyn teased, making Michonne laugh again.

"Actually, the man's right." Daryl said. "Undercover."

"Shut up." Madelyn said, not believing him.

"Yep." Daryl said. "And I don't like to talk about it because it was a lot of heavy shit, you know?"

"Dude, come on, really?" Zach asked. Daryl said nothing. "Okay, I'll keep guessing, I guess."

"Yeah, you keep doing that." Daryl said, making the girls laugh before a walker appeared by the window of the store.

"We're gonna do this, detective?" Michonne joked.

"Let's do it." Daryl said.

" Daryl said