Chapter 2: A Thank You Would Suffice

Start from the beginning

Mister Reynold and Ezekiel did a few things first while waiting for me to get ready. I got my rash guard and swimming shorts if ever I find the urge to go for a swim later. I didn't bother to bring food because there are a lot of stores around the beach anyway.

With my phone and sunglasses on, I went out of the house to choose a car but all I see is Ezekiel and his old pick-up truck standing in front of me.

"Where are all the cars?" I asked him casually.

"Your dad took them. He said he have guests to attend to. Hop in." he said, still with that arrogant face before going inside his ride.

I shook my head and decided to just hop in so we can go. I don't have much of a choice anyway.

I noticed how rust crawled from the window side, down to the door handle. It looks old and brittle at the same time.

"Is this thing safe?" I said my thoughts out loud and I saw how he raised his eyebrows like I hit a nerve. "What? I'm asking."

"It's safe. You don't have to worry. Although if you don't trust the vehicle, you can walk."

My jaw dropped at how accurate my assessment is towards this guy! I was right! He's an arrogant bastard!

"You are supposed to bring me to the beach. That's your job." I said and he smirked but humor wasn't seen in his eyes.

"Being your driver and chaperone is not my job. My father is just kind enough to offer." he said in a stoic tone before giving life to the engine.

It roared like an old hag before we zoomed out of the place.

"Aren't you going to at least let me get the seat belt!" I shouted and he threw me an uninterested glance.

"There's no seat belt here. You can hold onto the window or anywhere to stay alive." he said as he plastered a satisfied look.

A satisfied look! He's teasing me! Wow Ezekiel!

I was speechless and I didn't know what to say! I was frustrated and a little bit surprised at how casually he talks to me. Though I'm not entitled for respect or anything but he's just so casual like we're friends but actually we are not!

I scowled at him for the whole time we were driving to the beach. He never looked at me again but his arrogant face is enough to bother me and be agitated once in a while.

Whatever the reason is that I'm being like this, I don't want to know anymore. The bottom line here is I hate his guts.

The salty air of the sea blew my face when my eyes met the clear blue waters. I saw some tourists not far from the shore, playing with their kids while some are enjoying the water activities the resort has to offer.

I walked across the white sand beach after I greeted the owner of this resort who I saw just as we parked Ezekiel's old pick up truck. Maybe Dad informed the owner right away.

I'm really not into crowded places especially the beach, except shopping malls, and so I walked through the white sand until I reached a clean part of the beach where there's only a bunch of coconut trees and a huge log that was probably brought here by the waves.

I sat there as I breathed in the air of the sea. I looked around and saw that no one is really around. Ezekiel, on the other hand, is just sitting not that far from me. He's more quiet now compared to how he behaves earlier like he's doing something he doesn't want.

"I'm going for a swim." I said and started walking to the sea. He didn't say anything so I went ahead and tested the waters.

The water is calming. The right temperature of the water plus the heat coming from the sun gave me solace for whatever reason. I kicked my feet some more so I can go further until I can't reach the sea bed. The waves are calm while the wind blew with so much softness. I like this.