And to top it all off, Sarah was driving down for the weekend and staying in a nearby hotel... Of course, the reasoning was sad... It was Tristan's birthday tomorrow and neither of them wanted to be alone on it. So they were going to eat skittles and drink tequila while they watched all of the X-men movies since they were Tristan's favorite. But he wanted her to meet Austin... He wanted to know that she approved of him and even though there was no doubt in his mind that Sarah would adore him, he valued her opinion above all. He needed to be certain.

"Different motions" Austin reminded him. Jullian rolled his eyes and shoved the soccer ball in his hands.

"We're playing" Jullian decided.

"Love it when you take control like that" Austin lightly teased with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Shut up" Jullian groaned. Despite Austin being reluctant, Jullian had managed to teach him the basics. How to dribble, some simple rules and techniques. And Austin picked it up quickly enough... Despite claiming that Jullian was trying to kill him on multiple occasions.

He was wrong if he ever thought that he and Austin could go from barely talking to being affectionate, loving boyfriends. Especially when Austin had a tendency to tense up, flinch, or even shove Jullian away at any sign of affection. If even kissing Austin freaked him out there was no way in hell Jullian was going to ask him to be official... Mostly out of respect for Austin but partially out of fear that Austin would lock himself away again.

That was why he suggested soccer. Because he could reach out and adjust Austin's stance with Austin being more focused on learning than the fact that Jullian was trying to show his liking for him. He could reach out and touch him naturally without it having to be some big moment. And if he was being honest, he wanted to show Austin something important to him. He wanted Austin to see that he wasn't boring... He wasn't passionless...

And by the end of it all, Austin seemed content. If Jullian didn't know any better he'd dare to say he was even happy. They sat down on the dry field, laughing as Austin unwrapped a blow pop Jullian had bought. Austin's pale eyes flicked up from the purple sucker to meet Jullian's green-hazel eyes. They had been brighter recently. More green rather than the usual dark browns and grays...

"Soccer isn't terrible" Austin decided after a moment of hesitation. Jullian rolled his eyes, but couldn't suppress a light laugh escaping his lips. Austin was never big on physical affection - which was ironic considering he was practically a sex addict. It always scared him or made him question someone's motives further than he probably should. But he liked this... He liked getting a glimpse into Jullian's life before Westwood. He liked that Jullian had wanted to do something with him. He liked spending time with him...

Austin didn't think. He grabbed Jullian by the back of the neck and pulled him into a kiss. It wasn't a wanting, lust-filled kiss like he was used to. The end-goal wasn't sex or passion... He wasn't even sure why he did it. Kissing Jullian wasn't going to get him anything he wanted. It wasn't going to make Jullian want him more. It wasn't going to lead to anything more... It was just a kiss for no other reason than he wanted to.

Jullian wasted no time kissing him back... It was much slower than their usual kisses. There was emotion behind it even if Austin couldn't identify what the emotion was. He found himself caught in an open-mouthed kiss... Jullian's hands gripped his waist, slowly running up and down his sides with each painfully slow kiss...

But Austin didn't want it to stop. He wanted to stay in that moment for as long as he could... The fact that he'd have to face Jullian afterward didn't bother him for a change. Whatever happened, happened... And he was okay with that. So when Jullian finally did pull away for good, Austin's hands caught the boy's cheeks and his forehead rested against him, desperate to keep him close. His thumbs traced Jullian's lips and his eyes remained shut as he caught his breath...