"Man twin you ain't going out like this. I don't know what we gone do but we gone do something." Odell said.

"I know I don't never get sentimental and shit but this bond I got witchu... I can't let that shit go. I love you like blood aight? We gone figure this shit out." He said.

"Fasho." I said nodding my head.

"So you thinking about leaving huh?" Ryan asked.

"I don't really have much of a choice." I said.

"You always got a choice.. even if it's not the one you wanna make." He said.

"I don't wanna leave but what am I gonna do? I can't afford this shit." I said.

"You know I want the best for you but this ain't it." He said.

"Then what is?" I asked.

"Aight check this out. Lately I been getting a lot of press for my fights so the price been going up... You picking up what i'm putting down?" He asked.

"No. Help me." I said.

He laughed and said "I can start splitting a cut of my shit to pay for you."

"Oh noooo. Ry that's way too much. I'll figure something out." I said.

"You gone figure out that you can't pay for nothing. Let me help you." He said.

I thought about it for a second and it wasn't a terrible idea. I just don't wanna feel like a leech.

"Okay... but only for this semester. Everything after that I have to figure out on my own. You got it?" I asked.

He smiled and said "Yeah I got it."

"It sounds like you got everything figured out to me." Mj said.

"I guess I do." I said smiling.

"You ready to dip?" He asked.

"Yeah. Ima talk to y'all tomorrow. When y'all leaving?" I asked.

"We was gone leave after we checked on you. Thanksgiving break over after this week." Odell said.

"Okay but whenever we do go back we needa talk about our sleeping arrangements." I said.

"Yes we do. I'm tired of sleeping on the couch." Ryan said.

"I told y'all not to give me a whole room. That's your fault." I said.

"You needed space." He said.

"And now I don't. We'll talk about it later." I said.

"Aight. We'll talk to you later then fasho." He said.
———
A week later

After days of thinking I figured a few things out. One my mom can't physically take me out of school right now even if she stopped paying. My dorm is already paid for courtesy of my financial aid.

And two the semester isn't over yet. I don't know what I'm gonna do after this semester but for right now I'm staying.

As of now I'm back in Louisiana with the guys. Before I left I got a chance to say bye to my dad.. who knows when i'll see him again. As for my mother nothing but the cold shoulder.

I was currently on the phone with Mj. We been keeping up with each other ever since I left.

"From what I seen the other night... that nigga was genuine with every word he said to you." He said.

"I don't know.. maybe you should give him another chance." He added.

"Really? Just a few days ago you was team hell no. What changed?" I asked.