15

The next morning has arrived as I woke up. Today was the day. Benny is going to get the ball from my backyard. This is not going to go well. I went downstairs to go eat but instead I saw Mr.Mertle making some breakfast. "Oh there you are Aurora. Here have some breakfast". "Oh! Uhm thank you Mr.Mertle but you didn't have to"-
"Aurora I wanted to". I smiled and we hugged and then ate breakfast. We had pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. 15 minutes later went by as I was walking out the door. Saying my goodbyes, I headed out to the sandlot. Everyone was already there. "Aurora"!! Smalls says coming up to me. I smiled and held his hand. He immediately blushed and i laughed. Benny was there putting on some new shoes. "Uhm Benny you don't have to do this. We can just"- "I'm sorry Aurora but I have too". I sighed in defeat.

Benny then jumped over the fence. I heard Hercules growling. Oh no. I started running to the fence but before I climbed over, I was on the floor with Benny laying on top of me. We both groaned in pain as we both got up. Then all of the sudden, Hercules jumped over the fence for 2 reasons. One because Hercules is kinda protective of me and Two because Benny took something on his property. "OH SHI"- We both started running with Hercules chasing after us. We went into the alleyway and pushed trash over but Hercules was not even bothered by it. We went into the movies and everyone was throwing popcorn at us. We were now at the pool running away again but this Hercules was almost close to Benny but before Hercules reached him, we both turned right. There was this party with a lot of people. Benny got on the table first while I went next. Food was going everywhere. I jumped while Benny slid over the two people who had a huge cake. Then I saw the boys. "SANDLOT GO BACK TO THE SANDLOT" Benny yells. Soon after, we made it to the sandlot but Hercules caught up to Benny and bit him. He yelled in pain as we made it inside the backyard. Hercules jumped over the fence getting ready to pound us but before he did, the fence fell over.

I gasped in shock. "HERCULES"!! I ran towards him. "HERCULES PLEASE STAY ALIVE". I tried to lift up the fence but it was really heavy. "PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. HERCULES YOULL BE FINE. PLEASE HElp me".. By this I was crying a lot. Hercules was given to me as a gift from my grandfather. Soon after, Smalls and Benny came to help me. Hercules came to me and started licking my face. I hugged oh so tightly. He licked all my tears away. He then went over to Smalls and starts licking his face. After a few minutes Hercules stopped and walked towards a pile of baseballs. We all froze until Smalls knocked on the door and out came Mr.Mertle.

He looked at the fence and at me the fence and right back at me. "Aurora what happened"? "Uhm we tried getting an important baseball and we wrecked the fence. I'm sorry mr. Mertle". "You guys know each other". "Oh Uhm yeah everyone meet Mr.Mertle my grandfather's friend and i live here. Mr.Mertle meet my friends, and Smalls as you may know is my boyfriend".. Nobody said nothing so it was really silent and kinda awkward until Mr.Mertle invited Benny, Smalls, the rest of my friends and I in the house. The boys passed except for those two boys. We went inside and into the office. "Well as you may know Aurora is Babe Ruth's grandfather". "Wait what"?! "Aurora you never told them"! " I- Well sorry but yes I am". Them three started talking until it was sunset. We said our goodbyes and left. "Now who's going to rebuild the fence". "We can Mr.Mertle since we were the ones who destroyed it in the first place".

A few years later, the fence was all built, Smalls and I already had a dinner with Mr.Mertle and it ended up going well. Both Mr.Mertle and Smalls family let us date each other. All of us were now playing baseball for the last time since we are going to graduate. It was now sundown and we all were splitting up in a few minutes.
"I just want to say thank you for becoming my very good best friends. I will never forget all of you even when I die". - Benny
"YeahYeah what Benny said"- Yeah Yeah
We all said our words, hugged in a group hug for one last time and split apart.
15 YEARS LATER...
Smalls and I got married and we were having a baby on the way. We both decided to have the same career. We both were up top on the bleachers, observing the game. It was Dodgers vs Giants. Benny's teammate was batting until he hit the ball and took on first base. Then the next player went up to bat. As soon as the pitcher threw the ball, Benny immediately decided to steal home base.
"BENNY THE JET IS STEALING. HES RUNNING AND HE STOLE. THE BENNY THE JET RODRIGUEZ STOLE HOME MEANING THE DODGERS WON. WOAH WHAT A GAME"!! Smalls and I cheered. We both hugged and kissed oh so passionately. We the pulled away as all three of us stared and gave each other a thumbs up. We then looked back at the picture when we were younger.
THE END
A/N: Thank you everyone who has read, commented and voted for this story. I really appreciate it and that always makes my day even better. I'm creating another story about NATM (Night at the Museum). So once again thank you all for reading this book. 💗💗