20

~*~

The sound of the morning news plays throughout the house. I made sure to wake up at the same time as my dad. It's Saturday, but his routine is basically the same as any other day.

Minus going to work, although he still finds something to do. I can hear him in the kitchen, most likely having his first cup of coffee. His back his facing me when I enter.

"Good morning!" I chirp, grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Why are you awake?"

The steam from the mug in his hands rises, while I pretend to be interested in a magazine about pregnancy. Candice has stocked up on those ever since she became pregnant.

"Zoey?" Dad says my name, waiting for my answer.

I shrug, "I just happened to wake up earlier today." I lie.

"Mhm." His eyes narrow, knowing me all to well. "If you say so.."

"Actually–"

He sighs, placing the mug down slowly. I grin in amusement, a laugh slipping from my lips. He gestures for me to continue which I do.

"Can I borrow your car and go to a party tonight?" I rush out, smiling sheepishly at his blank stare.

My dad isn't strict, although he does give me a curfew. And Candice also talks to me before I go out, warning me about being safe in all aspects. I still ask out of respect for them.

My dad finally nods, holding up a finger before I can thank him. "Put gas in it for me. And I better not find a scratch on it."

"Thank you!"

I walk around the table to hug him. Candice walks in with a smile, eyeing us.

"What did I miss?" She questions, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

I let my dad fill her in, sending Paige a message to let her know. She's spending the night after the party, it was last minute but we didn't realize that neither of us have a car to get to the party. This solved that issue.

I obviously will not be drinking which isn't a big deal. I agreed to go because it's the last one of the year.

While I waited for Paige to arrive, I cleaned my room and watched crime documentaries. It took me longer due to me pausing every few minutes. I got it done in time for lunch.

My dad knocks on my door a while later. "We're leaving now, be careful tonight please."

"Okay, love you!"

"Love you, the keys to the car are on the counter." Candice walks past my room, dressed up as well.

I smile, waving at them. They take my dads car because I'm comfortable driving Candices car. They were going out with some friends from work.

Paige gets droped off an hour before we planned on leaving for the party. I decide to get ready, wearing something to keep me warm but not too bulky. Asher amd Brody would be meeting us there.

"Ready?" I ask, watching her take a million pictures.

Paige gives me a thumbs up, grinning at her outfit choice. She wears a red dress that accentuates her waist and toned legs from cheering. She managed to curl her hair and do her makeup in under an hour.

That's pretty impressive.

"Yep."

After making sure that all of the doors are locked, I grab the keys from the kitchen and make my way to the car. Unfortunately James and Scarlett would not be joining us. They had a family dinner to go to.