Give 'Em Hell Kid

Start from the beginning

"She is just a child! For god's sake!"

"What are you talking about!?"

"You nearly killed your mother, Aliza,"

Aliza froze.

"He's lying!" Rome screamed, trying to shove Tristan away but he was no match to the vampire's strength.

"Am I?" Tristan challenged, cocking his eyebrow. "Your birth sucked all the magic away from your mother. The only way to save her was to restore that magic,"

Every word that came out of his mouth broke something in Aliza. Tristan could see the hope melting in her eyes. The brutal truth was haunting her, burning her skull.

Rome squeezed his eyes shut, the tears falling down his face. He couldn't bring himself to look at Aliza.

"Your father," Tristan continued, "Gave away his magic to save his precious Mithila,"

"But-" Aliza exhaled, wishing this nightmare would come to an end, "You-you did the locator spell,"

"That? Oh, that was just a play." He replied, shaking his head, "I've heard you are quite sharp, my lady. They didn't want you to get suspicious,"

She pressed her hands against her mouth, shutting her eyes.

"Let her go," Rome cried, "Just please, she didn't do anything! Let her go!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Aliza, no!"

Tristan raised his eyebrows in surprise. Taken by Aliza's change in reaction, she no longer stood there with fear on her face.

Tristan could notice the desperation in her eyes, the need to save Rome was burning in them. Even at such a tender age, she looked much older.

Rome struggled harder against Tristan's grip, "Aliza! No!" He repeated, shouting the words loud and clear.

"I am thoroughly touched by this," Tristan said, gesturing between Aliza and Rome.

"Tell me!" She yelled, taking a step forward.

"I want you to drink your blood,"

"Aliza!" Rome yelled, "Don't you dare listen to him!"

Tristan smiled, reaching in his pocket. He pulled out a grey flask

Rome struggled harder.

"Aliza? Aliza, listen to me! Don't do this!"

Tristan threw the flask at Aliza's feet.

"It should be her choice, Rome. After all, you did nothing but lie to her from the beginning."

Aliza bent forward and grabbed the bottle with shaking hands. Her heart was drumming in an abnormal rhythm, her throat was dry. Aliza knew there was something fiercely wrong about this but the knife was still intact against Rome's throat.

The sound of her dad's voice didn't quite reach her ears. The weight of the situation was dawning upon her. Aliza glanced up at Tristan, who was staring at her with his eyebrows raised.

"Don't do this,"

Aliza's head snapped to her right to see Henrik standing there with a worried look on his face.

"Aliza," Henrik said, his voice low and heavy. He was trying his hardest to help his siblings who were desperately searching for Aliza but somehow he couldn't reach anyone.

"Aliza! No!"

Her gaze shifted back to the knife that Tristan held against her dad's throat.

Without wasting another second Aliza opened the flask, the stench of her blood made her stomach churn.