Chapter 10 [Abyssal Depths]

Start from the beginning

Crimson tentacles formed on Y/N's back, even in the darkness they managed to reflect enough light to be just barely noticeable. But there was something strange about their appearance, Y/N's appendages created from Red Matter usually appeared smooth and without a flaw, as if they were solid from the beginning. However, this version of them had thousands of small protrusions across their entire surface, like a thousand small knifes sticking out of a large blade. The number of appendages was anything but unimpressive, around eight six of them in total. Two rammed themselves into the seabed as Y/N used them to quickly propel himself towards the duo of sea-dwellers and his dumb friend. The female managed to dodge three of the four free tentacles heading for her even while holding the mint-haired lustrous Gem in her arms.

"Who are you?!" the male Admirabilis yelled as he sent his own fair amount of tentacular appendages at Y/N, his were more slender but they seemed to be faster. 

One of the male sea-dweller's tentacles nearly managed to hit Y/N square in the face, were it not for him moving one of the four free tentacles to block the attack, "Ack!"

The slender black tentacle of the Admirabilis hit the crimson spiked tentacle and tore itself into multiple pieces. He pushed the pain to the back of his head in hopes of keeping the red-haired male's attention on himself and not on his defenceless sister. Bringing both of the tentacles from the ground Y/N had five of them target the male Admirabilis and the remaining one target the female Admirabilis holding the person he was looking for. 

"Who are you, answer me!" yelled the male Admirabilis once again, desperately using his heightened senses and superior agility to dodge Y/N's attacks, 'If even one of those hits me I'll be turned into minced meat!'

There was a problem with the sea-dweller's logic, it wasn't that the crimson-haired Gem male did not want to answer, it was that he couldn't understand the language of the Admirabilis. And even if he could understand the underwater slugs, he most certainly wouldn't try to hold a conversation with them whilst they had one of his dearest friends hostage. The female Admirabilis already knew this, and she was certain that her brother must have known too despite his futile attempts to communicate. Hoping for a miracle would only get them killed, fighting against a literal immortal that lived off of absorbing light was already suicidal enough. Fighting against Y/N is certain death, that much the pink squishy female knew. Quickly thinking up a strategy the male Admirabilis used some of his tentacles whilst still dodging Y/N's own red appendages to grab boulders from the bottom of the sea and hurl them at Y/N. 

'That won't even put a dent in him, but it should distract him,' and it went just as planned, the large boulders being thrown Y/N's way were shattered in an instant.

While they were slower because they were underwater, the impact created from Y/N's slammed the crimson spiked appendages into the boulders created a sort of debris field. It managed to blind him for a long enough time for the male Admirabilis to slip past his defences and land a solid hit to the right side of his face. 

-CRACK-

A crack spread from the point of impact, going down the right side of Y/N's face as he was forced to take a leap backwards. The fighting stopped for a moment as both sea-dwelling creatures had to regain their stamina while Y/N had to regain his bearings. He was slightly dazed for a second as the hit came as a surprise. He used his hand to trace the cracks that appeared on the right side of his face, running from the bottom of his jaw to the top of his head and by his eye. A moment of ominous silence passed before Y/N visibly grit his teeth, then, the six large and imposing tentacles he had formed divided into a multitude of smaller ones.