5 - The Part-Timer and His Vision

'You know... Sometimes I thought that... coming here was a mistake.'

I put my sword up to guard a hilichurl's club. Though in the meantime, my back was open and one of the many hilichurl smacked me on the back of my head.

'I was prepared to live my life as an ordinary person. Someone that would eventually be forgotten and replaced.'

I managed to regain myself just in time to see three hilichurls jumping at me, ready to crush me. In an act of desperation to survive, I rolled out of the way.

'I've wondered... if things would've been different if I was born here... But I guess there's no use for What ifs... At least, I can say I did all I can, right?'

Still too injured to move properly, I was grabbed by the leg and thrown away like trash by the hilichurls and mitachurl. With my body broken and battered, all I could do was watch in horror as the monsters slowly approached me.

'Well... this is it. This is how I die, alone in a dark forest.' I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable. 'As far as dying goes... this isn't the worst way to go... at least... it wasn't by a truck.' I thought with mirth.

'Sorry, Hu Tao... looks like I'm going to need your services after all. Sorry Keqing, looks like I'm gonna have to leave my work to you again.' I let my last thoughts run through my head.

'And... sorry Ganyu. Looks like I'm not going to get to see you anymore.' I thought one last time as the Hilichurls looked ready to rain down death upon me.

"Though, I wish... I could've been with you all a little bit longer..." I said, accepting my fate.

...

...

...

"All hail!"

"With sword comes shadow!"

Slowly opening up my eyes, I saw that both Ganyu and Keqing had arrived. Both had used their Elemental Bursts, Celestial Shower and Starward Sword respectively, triggering a Superconduct elemental reaction that wastes the Hilichurls around me.

Not long after, Hu Tao, Zhongli, and even Ningguang arrived. With all of them, they swiftly dealt with the hilichurls. Hu Tao had expressed her worries and went to the Liyue Qixing, dragging them to look for me. After that, Qiqi had found them on the way and brought them here.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Ganyu and Qiqi rushed to my side, worried. They started tending to my wound, and little by little, I started to feel myself once more.

"Ganyu... Keqing..." I muttered the name of my saviors.

"You did well, (Y/N). You can rest now." Keqing said as I felt myself subconsciously relax.

Though I am relieved that Keqing and Ganyu saved me, a part of me felt something different.

Frustration. Uselessness. Insecurities.

'Saved...again?' I thought, thinking back to when I first met the Unknown God.

That time as well, I have been saved by both Aether and Lumine. That time, I had not been able to do anything but be a ragdoll and a distraction.

'I'm going to be saved again?' This time, I thought back to when Ganyu found me falling from the sky.

That time, had Ganyu not been there, I would've lied there on the ground, bleeding to death. She helped me, who at the time was a total stranger, she saved my life and I haven't been able to repay her yet. And now I'm going to owe her once more?