1 - The Part-Timer and The Travelers

"Have a nice day, sir!" I said with the most professional smile I could muster. Once the customer was out of my sight, I internally let out a tired sigh as I welcomed the next customer.

Oh, I haven't introduced myself, have I? My name is (Y/N) (L/N), a part-time worker at a local KFC in China, currently in my final year of high school. An avid gamer and anime watcher, although lately there was not enough time for me to do either.

Although that doesn't stop me from religiously playing this game every single day without fail. I know, I know... I have my priorities straight.

Anyway, I'm talking about Genshin Impact, the game that took the world by storm during its release.

The game that spawned over one hundred -ahem- "fanarts" after barely a week into release.

The game that is the original source for the code: 331228 for a certain website. Any cultured man should know what I'm talking about.

The game that is -unfortunately- responsible for indirectly causing my current dilemma.

For those unaware, Genshin Impact is currently doing a collaboration with KFC. This fact is proven by the numerous stickers and standees placed throughout the entire restaurant. The buckets featured an image of Diluc and Noelle in a waiter and waitress' outfit respectively. Of course, needless to say, with the combination of Genshin Impact fans wanting their hands on the limited-time goods and the normies who just wanted some fast foods, the restaurant was full and the line was long.

Although that alone isn't really what stressed me out right now. Of course, they're a factor in this, but the biggest reason why is the less reasonable customers.

Honestly, it ain't my fault that the Genshin themed buckets ran out so quickly! Take that up to the manager, Karen! As if that wasn't enough, there are the occasional jackasses who tried to steal the standees in broad daylight. Had to stop that too. Although one actually managed to get away with stealing a Diluc standee, no idea how he/she managed that. All I know is that it's not on my shift and I'm not the one getting chewed out by the boss.

Anyway, during that little monologue of mine, I finished serving another of my customers, and what I saw next impressed me. Two amazingly accurate cosplay of Aether and Lumine standing in front of me, looking at the display. If I weren't on the job right now, I'd probably let out a little whistle. Alas, things are not meant to be.

"Hello, sirs. How may I help you?" I said in the most polite tone.

"Um... I'll have two number 9s." the Aether cosplayer said. Holy hell, even his voice sounds like him. "What do you want, Lumine?"

"I'll have a number 6 with extra dip." Lumine's look-alike responded.

"Coming right up!" I repeated the order through the microphone and prepared whatever else I needed for the combos.

Now, I'm not one to brag, but I'd like to think I'm pretty dexterous with my hands. As I quickly finished packing up the drinks and the chicken, I noticed that the Lumine cosplayer's eyes are looking at something,

"Is something the matter, miss?" I asked.

That managed to snap her out of her daze. "What is that?" She asked pointing to the Paimon sticker plastered on the wall. That's strange... a Lumine cosplayer yet she didn't know who Paimon was. Is she one of those people who only know the characters but doesn't actually play the game?

"She is Paimon." I answered.

"...She looks cute." She giggled.

"...What is she?" 'Aether' asked.