04 | the library cataclysm.

Start from the beginning

I internally slapped myself for being such a foolish conversationalist. "What- Lord- No! Don't flatter yourself! You bought it up so it must be from your imagination." Where were all the burn remarks when you needed them? I was sure that the minute she walked away, I would get all the best burn remarks racing in my mind. Stupid brain.

Mirth twinkled in her eyes. "I am not talking about you in your knees, am I? So now, think about it yourself."

"Okay, I think you two have had enough of talking," Lucas interrupted, his hands prying me away from Walter. Thank heavens. "You two neared each other and anxiety & I neared each other because I was fearing that I would have to rip you two apart from each other, in the middle of the library."

Walter's eyes instantly lit up with adoration as she gazed at Lucas, before giving me a brief, annoyed glance, pulling out something from her backpack and throwing a wet wipe at me. "It's a sanitary wipe," She said. "Wipe your nose with it and stay away, I don't want your germs anywhere near hundred meters of me."

I rolled my eyes but wiped my nose nonetheless, slightly grateful for the wipe - even though I would rather die before admit it myself. I had forgotten to bring my handkerchief.

"Oh don't worry Lucas," She said in such a sweet voice that was almost sickly to me. "I wouldn't lay another finger on him. I am being driven insane already, by being in the same room with him for detention all these days. Don't want to prolong it any further."

Even though it was her who drove everyone mad, I couldn't help but agree to her last statement. Don't want to prolong the detention any further.

"Well then," I snarled at her. "Why are you here?"

"Well, my dear old friend of six years, or whatever," She says mockingly. "I was here to stroll through the pages of this magazine because I was bored and then saw you two. As simple as that. I don't always need to have a motive, you see?"

One of my eyebrows shot up in response. "I don't believe you. And my instincts regarding you are always right."

She rolled her eyes. "Always so complacent, Sinclair."

"I am surprised you even know such a big word."

She smirked slightly. "And I am surprised that the big head of yours fit into that shirt of yours. I was scared that the collar buttons would give away."

Lucas cleared his throat. "Clearly, you two have a lot of love to give each other, but I don't think that the library is big enough for the fondness you two have for each other. Maybe you two could have this chat some other time?"

Her mouth curved into a bitter sneer. "I  just want to ask one last thing. Which club are you joining, Sinclair?"

"The anti-Jannat club, of course." I smiled at her.

My eyes trained on Divagirl who was about to open her mouth in response but quickly clamped it shut as Estelle, one of her friends, the one with the funkiest colors on her backpack - tapped Divagirl on her shoulder and said something to her. She nodded.

"Well, I have got to go," She said, smiling most sweetly to Lucas. And then her eyes snapped to me, annoyance swimming in them. "Pleasure."