Epilogue

It was finally happening. The Worlds were ending. She could feel it in her soul. Everything felt like it was crumbling, disappearing. The vibrant colors that the Spirit World had always been known for were slowly fading away. The Spirits were all fighting each other. The humans were fighting each other as well. Her soul was the battleground for the end of the World, and there was only a little left of her. Not that it mattered. She was tired and angry and upset. It was time, and for some reason, a small part of her heart was glad for it.

Yet she also wasn't glad for the Worlds to die away, taking the Spirits and humans with it. She still wanted to survive and witness love and light and peace again. But she knew that would never happen, not again. Surprisingly, she was fine with that. As long as she could feel love while she was dissolving, she would be fine with it.

Now that the Worlds were actively ending, she knew what she had to do. She was running as fast as she could through the Spirit World to find him. Wherever he was, she was going to find him sooner or later. It had to be soon, though, because she could feel her soul and the Worlds crumbling around her. It was only a matter of time before everything dissolved around her. She could feel the time counting down in her soul. 

"Agni!" she called out. "Agni, where are you?"

Her voice echoed around her. She had no idea where the rest of the Spirits were, but she knew that they believed in the end of the World now. If they didn't, they were blind to the truth. She knew this truth was going to come to fruition, but she didn't expect it to be now. She wanted more time to watch the humans below her and to experience overwhelming love like she did when both Worlds were full of peace. 

It hadn't been peaceful at all leading up to the end of the World. The humans and Spirits alike had finally let go of love and lived their lives full of hate. With that, there had been a little peace for a few years that had come upon the humans. This peace lasted for a little while, but then things came back worse than ever. She hid away on the Moon and watched as her people and her Spirits clashed. There wasn't any help that could be done to them. She wasn't able to calm anyone down, let alone her own heart and soul. She wasn't able to do anything at all.

That was the thing that destroyed her soul the most, not being able to help anyone now that hate-filled their hearts. If she had been able to help them, maybe the end of the World wouldn't have been happening. And if the Worlds weren't dying, she wouldn't be dissolving right now. But this was what was supposed to happen. The Worlds were supposed to end, and everyone -- both the Spirits and humans -- would dissolve into nothingness. Maybe they would reappear in another lifetime. Maybe they were meant to die forever. She wasn't sure. The only thing she knew was that the World was going to end and she needed to find Agni before that happened. If she didn't, she would die alone and depressed.

Her feet suddenly fell out from underneath her, and she crashed hard against the ground. That shouldn't have hurt her, but it did. Her shoulder began throbbing as she rolled onto it. Since she was a Spirit, she shouldn't have gotten physically hurt, but now that the Worlds were ending, her abilities were disappearing. She hadn't expected that to happen to her, but it was. 

"Tui?"

She jumped up from the ground, ignoring the pain in her shoulder. Behind her stood Agni. He was there, a few feet away from her. His eyes looked normal, not full of fire. He didn't look angry or upset or sad. He looked relieved to see her. She was relieved, too. She didn't think she could find him in time, but she did.

"I'm so glad that I found you!" she cried, throwing her arms around his neck. His arms wrapped around her body tightly. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"I am here now," he whispered to her. Her whole body was burning because of his touch, but she didn't care anymore. The Worlds were ending. What good would it do to ignore her feelings for him any longer? "I'm here."