CHAPTER 40

When Mint woke up, she saw the crib empty. She smiled, thanking New silently.

That's why I slept soundly this morning.

She went down and heard the sounds of Luna's giggles. She saw New in the living room, with Luna laid down his lap.

"Who's the prettiest girl? Huh? Huh? Who is it? Who is it?" New cooed as he lightly tickled her tummy to which Luna responded with the cutest giggle.

Mint sat down on the couch beside New and observed the two. As she watched though, a shiny object caught her sight.

She smiled as she asked, "You're wearing it on your hands now?"

New looked at her with a confused look. Mint pointed on his hand, to which he looked and realized what she meant.

He held his hand up and admired the promise ring Tay gave him. "Yeah. It's been hanging on my neck for a year now. About time he comes back on my ring finger. I still need to wear our wedding ring in public, though." He paused for a moment before he continued, "He wears his, you know? Every time. He only removed it when necessary." He looked at Mint with a sad smile. "Tay suffered so much for me. He loves me more than I deserve."

"I'm sorry, New." Mint looked at him with sincerity.

"It's okay." New gave her an assuring smile. "I plan on spending the rest of my life making up for it, anyway. From now on, I'll give him all the love he deserves and more." He looked at Luna again and gently stroked the bridge of her nose.

"When are you going to Singapore for your anniversary?

"Next week. He's fully booked, especially because he and Lee had been gaining much attention with their series. Good thing he was able to ask for two days off."

"How about your movie?"

"We'll start promoting once I get back. That will be my last project then I'm done."

"Hmmm. Are you sure about it? No more turning back?"

"Yes. I'm sure." It's all about me and Tay now. Nobody else matters.

---

To: My Sun ☀️

Do you want me to bring you lunch, Te?

From: My Sun ☀️

Ohooo. We getting braver now, Hin?

To: My Sun ☀️

55555 what are you talking about? I'm only visiting as a 'friend'

From: My Sun ☀️

55555 friend, my ass. A lot of food support came, though. But I'll choose your cooking over everything so I'll see you later. Might not be able to check on you so please drive safely. I love you. Take care.

To: My Sun ☀️

I will. I love you, too.

When New arrived at the set, the staffs greeted him. Some of them he's currently working with while some of them he has worked with in his previous projects.

He saw Yui and paid respect. He asked her where Tay is and she accompanied him to his dressing room.

When he got there, Tay was sitting in front of the mirror with his eyes closed while three other people occupied the room retouching his make-up and fixing his clothes for the next scenes.

"Guys, come on. It's breaktime. Let's eat. Tay, New's here." Yui invited the three staffs just so they would leave the room. She put her hand on New's shoulder and the latter thanked her.