Chapter 20: Adrenaline

Taeyeon is walking back and forth anxiously. They are currently in her living room. Waiting for Minho's update on his investigation of Tiffany's whereabouts.

"Taeyeon, calm down. Everything's gonna be alright." Yuri said who's sitting on a couch with Jessica beside her.

Jessica had never seen Taeyeon like this. The blonde is well known for being calm in any situations. Heck! They can even bet that she'll stay calm even if death is right in front of her. But to see her anxiously walking back and forth, biting her finger nails and grabbing her hair stressfully is a strange scene they had never seen.

Taeyeon is acting like this because of Tiffany. This only shows how much she had fallen for the brunette. She don't even care about the world anymore. So what if the whole country confirmed that she's indeed the owner of Serenity Mall? So what if the whole country finally saw her again after five years of trying to safely hide it?

The case of Mr. Hwang's death is all over the news. They claimed that Taeyeon is hiding her identity because she had murdered him. They said that the reason of her disappearance is because she was afraid of getting caught. The news of Taeyeon being a murderer is all over the country. But did she give a damn on it? Nope. She doesn't care.

She don't care about the threats, the hate she's receiving from the netizens again. She don't give a damn for the people who's once again are judging her for hiding because she wanted a peaceful life, away from their judgemental eyes.

Tiffany. The only person that she cares about. She's worried of what the brunette will do. Knowing Mr. Jung, Taeyeon is certain that he had brainwashed Tiffany already. The only thing that Taeyeon can do aside from anxiously waiting, is to trust Tiffany that she wouldn't act out of her anger and the overwhelming informations she had just learned.

"So, Mr. Hwang was really murdered?" Yoona ask unconsciously. She can't believe it.

"That's what my father's been telling me back then. But I refuse to believe. And I don't actually give any importance about it. I mean, don't get me wrong. I know he's been friends with my dad. But, I just really don't wanna intrude to someone else's life. So I kept mum about it. Besides, there's no such proof that he is really murdered." Taeyeon explained as she leaned at the wall problematically.

"Then why did you suddenly asked someone to conduct an investigation about it?" Yuri ask in confusion.

"Tiffany." Taeyeon simply replied that is more than enough to explain everything.

"Again, all the love can do." Sooyoung commented.

"Who is the man behind all these, anyways? And why is he doing this?" Jessica ask out of nowhere. Everyone turn their attention to Taeyeon, expecting for an enlightening answer.

"My father, Mr. Hwang and Mr. Jung are close friends of three since college. Although there's a lot of girls that are chasing them, they all fell for this one specific girl, my mother. They court her all at the same time, chanting the words 'may the best man wins'." Taeyeon quoted her fingers in the air as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"So obviously, my father won my mother's heart. They got together. And later on, married each other. Mr. Jung and Mr. Hwang cut ties on him despite the shared businesses they started together. They ignored my father and treated him like a stranger everytime they cross path or even at those times they're sharing the same room to attend a meeting in their office. My father, although he treasure his friends, him wanting a peace of mind took over. He said that it's better to cut your connections to toxic people than force yourself to be with them. So he started to sell his shares and build his own company. Since then, the trio never met each other. Not until my mother gave birth to me." The blonde's tone suddenly saddened by the thought of her struggling mother to give birth to her.