Chapter 16: Kim Hyoyeon

Taeyeon practically threw her phone on her table after reading the text. She slam herself on the swivel chair. Who could that be? She stared out of nowhere and is so confuse on what to do. The investigation about Mr. Hwang's death is still on going. Tiffany shouldn't hear anything about this. Not now at least. Not until the investigation is finish.

"Ms. Kim, the investigator has arrived." Taeyeon heard Minho's voice that seems to wake her up from her trance.

"Please let her in." Taeyeon replied.

Minho didn't waste any minute to let the investigator in. He escorted her until she sat in front of Taeyeon. The woman is wearing a simple jeans and white shirt top with her denim jacket. Although she's wearing a thick shades on her eyes, Taeyeon somehow felt that she's familiar.

"Hi. I'm Erika Kim." Taeyeon offered her hand for a handshake.

"Of course, Kim Taeyeon." She took the latter's hand and shook it.

"Excuse me?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh come on, don't tell me you've forgotten about me already? Geez! I can't believe this shorty." The woman shook her head in disappointment. She can't believe the blonde actually forgot about her.

"Wait." Taeyeon studied her face a little closer. Little by little her squinted eyes became wider and wider.

"Yah! Kim Hyoyeon!!" She shouted in full surprise. How could she forget?

"That's my name." Hyoyeon chuckled.

"Oh no! It's really you!"

"Yes. And how dare you to not recognize me in one look huh?" The said woman complained.

"You know each other, noona?" Minho watch the two ladies interact. He never thought that the investigator he hired is actually close to Taeyeon.

"She's my cousin." Taeyeon replied.

"Cousin? So she's one of those who disowned you?" Minho furrowed his eyebrows.

"Excuse me? I never disowned her." Hyoyeon protested.

"Indeed. She never disowned me. We were so close before. She's my cousin that I'm very comfortable with when we were kids. She's like my sister. You know that I'm an only child right? Hyoyeon became my sister. Although I can't deny that it became all awkward after I came out to her." Taeyeon smirked.

"Yes, honestly. It was really awkward to know that my closest cousin swing that way. I had a hard time accepting it. I mean, I was raised with the belief of gay people are morally unaccepted. That's what my parents told me. But in the end, she's still my cousin. And I love her because we have the same blood running in our veins. And after all, she's my closest cousin. Like Taeyeon said, we're practically sisters. Who would I be without her?" Hyoyeon confessed how important is Taeyeon to her. The blonde's eyes soften. She's moved by the confession.

"If you accepted her then why I never saw you before? Why is Taeyeon noona almost didn't recognized you?" Minho asked again.

"You see my cousin here, Minho-ah. She definitely not look like this before. She had smaller face and a flat down body. She improved a lot. She became more beautiful and sexy that's why it was hard for me to recognize her." Taeyeon laughed when she saw Hyoyeon glared her.

"Okay, honestly, it's been a long time, really. She did accepted me. She helped me hide my secret from our grandparents. Everytime I sneak out the house, she helps me. And most of the time I go out, we tell them that we're going out together. But unfortunately when I was caught and my secret was released almost all over the country, they took her away from me. They disowned me and my father. And the last thing I heard from her was when she's flying to Japan because her parents told her so." Taeyeon explained with a sigh.