Ch. 5: Running

Thomas/Stiles PoV:

After my break down I went to take a nap. It only lasted about 12 hours. The longest I slept in a wjileI get up and take off Newt's Jacket and the rings and put on some running shoes. Lydia left when I went to take a nap so I could go run in peace. I leave the house and start to run around Beacon Hills. Since it is now only 6:30 A.M.

About 30 minutes later I am in the woods getting close to the Nemoton. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I stop running and open it to see what it says.

"Mission for you at the Station"

My Father, The Sheriff is finally letting me go on a mission! I send a quick 'okay, be there in 30' message and run back home. I get a shower and put work clothes on. I decided to run to the station since Roscoe is still there.

Once I get there I am ushered into my dad's office. I look at him confused before he starts to speak.

"Are you really ready to be put on the field? I know you have been out with me a couple times but this time you will have Parrish. It is to obtain A man named John Smyth. He has been the culprit of small heists around Beacon Hills. Are you up for that?" Dad questions me and I smile.

"Ah yea! This is what I have been waiting for!" I say with a smile.

"Okay, You and Parrish are leading a small team to capture him. Be safe" My dad tells me and I nod going over to Parrish.

"You ready kid?" He asks me.

"Dude I am waiting on you so yes. I am ready." I say rolling my eyes. We walk out with our unit to some Cop cars. I get in with Parrish and we head to the house.

Parrish signals for me to go in the back as he goes in the front. I enter the back door after I pick the lock. I slowly and quietly walk to the closest room to try and find him.

Click Click

"Well Well Well. What do we have here?"

I hear from behind me. I slowly turn knowing he has a gun. I see that he has it pointed to my head. But me being me, I wasn't scared as more than likely everyone thought I would be.

"John Smyth?" I question him.

"That is right young one." He tells me. Gun still pointed to my head.

"I am here to bring you in." I tell him to stay calm and not moving from my spot.

"Oh I do not think so. If you lock me up I will get someone to kill everyone you love!" John tells me. I laugh and he tilts his head.

"Everyone I love is dead." I tell him. Sure my father isn't dead but he is the only one I have left so I will lie.

"What if I kill you then?" John says but it was more of a question than anything.

"Okay bet. You are just doing me a favor and putting me out." I say as I slowly walk towards the gun.

"What? You would let me kill you...even though you want to die? That's messed up! Like look at you! You are young and have your whole life to live." John states.

"Wow for being a murder you sure do care!" I say with a laugh.

"I am killing people who need to be killed. I am not going to kill someone that wants it. Like what can you possibly have gone through that was so horrible!?" He says now pointing the gun to my heart so we can see each other better. I see Parrish in the back stunned not knowing what I was going to do.

"Okay let's see...lost my mom at a young age..." I start and I show one finger. "...dad abused alcohol and his health making me grow up quicker than needed..." a second finger. "...lie my whole life about being queer..." Third finger, John said 'felt that' and we laughed. "...got kidnapped for a 'year'..." fourth finger. "...it was a simulation and I was in it for 5 or 6 years..." Five fingers. "...met the love of my life and that same person died in my arms..." sixths finger. "...got taken out of the simulation and separated from everyone that was alive..." seventh finger. "...pretend to be the old happy me..." 8th finger. "...give up sleep..." 9th finger. "...and finally...4 years and you are only the second person to know that." I say holding up ten fingers.

"So, John. If you are a murder shoot me." I say. His eyes are wide and I can tell so are Parrish's.

"I surrender," John says, putting the gun on the ground and holding out his hands to be cuffed.

"Wise choice" I state putting on his cuffs. Parrish comes up behind me and takes him out to the car. I walk out and Parrish is looking at me.

"What was that?" He asks.

"What was what?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"You just said you wanted to die there!" Parrish yells at me.

"You wouldn't get it okay. Just leave it." I tell him to walk away.

"Stiles, you need to go see Melissa. From what I heard in there you need help. You have people who care and love you." He says putting a hand on my shoulder.

I look down and consider.

"What good would it do?" I ask him as a tear rolls down my face as I turn to him. "I am already this broken! You can't tell anyone you heard in there okay!" I yell holding him by the collar. My hands shaking as I does so.

"Okay bu-"

Click Click

I hear another gun being clocked. I turn around and see someone who looks a lot like John.

"Twins" I say out loud.

"You are not taking him!" He yells. "He is the only one I have left! My twin!"

"Hey just come with us." Parrish tries.

"You take him I take you!" And I hear the gun fire.

All I could hear was ringing. I look down and see that he shot me. Blood. I drop and I see Parrish and part of the team running toward the team and me.

"Hang in there Stiles! Help is on the way!" I hear as everything goes black.