𝟙𝟞. ℍ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕝𝕪 𝔾𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤

Depuis le début

"It doesn't matter, as long as we stay clear from the jungle, we'll be safe." Peeta said.

Suddenly, Wiress gasped. The warning bird stopped singing. You all turned to see Gloss pull a knife out of Wiress's shoulder. Katniss immediately fired an arrow at his heart, causing him to fall back. The careers were here.

Just then, you noticed from the corner of your eye the sister - Cashmere - running towards Katniss with a knife. You pushed her out of the way and used your new axe to slam her head down into the rock, cracking open her skull. You then turned to see Enobaria slash Finnick's leg. Katniss and Johanna ran after Cato's district partner. You lowered your hand down, and that's when you could feel it. The island started to rumble.

Realizing this, you called out to everyone. "Stay down!"

No one could react to your warning before the island started to rapidly spin clockwise. Everyone had to drop down and grab onto whatever rock they could, holding on for dear life. You could see the waves quaking violently, if anyone falls, you would definitely get pulled into a riptide.

You looked up to see a sickle coming straight at you. You moved your head to the side, avoiding the weapon from grazing you.

Finally, after what felt like hours of a heart pounding event, the spinning slowly stopped. The water finally settled, as you inhaled a large gulp of air. You slowly stood up, a little shaky from such fast movement in one moment. You walked over to see Katniss slowly standing up, her hair even wetter than before. You could only assume she got caught in the riptide. It's a good thing she was still alive...

"Let's just get what we need and get off the bloody island." Johanna remarked, everyone seeming to agree.

Everyone decided to settle back into the beach, trying to take a rest at what's been happening. You and Cato sat down beside each other, cleaning off any grime from your weapons.

"So besides Enobaria, who's left?" Katniss asked. "Maybe Chaff? Just those two." Peeta responded.

"They know they're outnumbered. I doubt they'll attack again. We're safe here on the beach." Finnick said, leaning off a branch.

"So what do we do, hunt them down?" Johanna asked impatiently. You knew she wanted her axe to be buried into someone's face by this point.

A small, frail girl's scream rang from in the jungle, causing Katniss to rouse in panic. The girl cried Katniss's name. "Prim!! Prim!" Katniss screamed in horror, grabbing her bow and running into the jungle. You blinked, didn't an hour just past...?

"Katniss, wait!" Finnick cried, running after her. You bit your lip in confusion, surely there was no way Katniss's sister could be sent into the games. They were never shown at the beginning, there would've been no time for the Capitol to bring her here. Someone would've noticed.

Moments after, you all could hear Katniss's and Finnick's screams. Assuming the worst, you all got up and headed into the jungle, meeting with Katniss and Finnick trapped in a certain wedge of the arena. Many blackbirds had been swooping in, attacking them as they covered their ears. You've heard of these birds - jabberjays. A unique Capitol mutt created to spy on other's messages and report back to the Capitol in the Dark Days, mimicking ones voice easily. You've heard they've been abandoned into the wild, so the only thing you could assume was that the gamemakers were putting up a show, horrifying the two from screams of the people they loved.

You had to watch blankly as they were tortured for the hour. The jabberjays finally got bored torturing them, and left. As Katniss was getting comforted by her fiancé.

During the whole shenanigan, you noticed one more jabberjay staying behind. And when it released a sound, it made your blood run cold.

It screamed the same way that Clove did when she pleaded for you to save her at the feast.