☞Finally

"Good morning Crockett," you chirped happily as you brushed shoulders with the famous surgeon on a calm Tuesday morning.

The man in question gave you a sideways glance, lips twitching into a handsome smirk. "Well good morning to you too Y/N."

Upon realizing that rising flush decorated your cheeks you scurried to quickly give him a smile before dashing away to safety.

The feeling of your heart thumping loudly in the chest followed you all the way to your patient. You dared yourself to look back at the man you've been growing feelings for, and just as you did so - your body collided against something hard.

Or someone.

"Woah Y/N." It was Will Halstead who grabbed your forearm and yanked you back toward him. "You alright?"

Embarrassed, you nodded and glanced behind yourself. A part of you had hoped that Crockett didn't see what just happened. When you noticed him focusing on the tablet in front of him, you sighed. Phew. Embarrassment evaded.

"Yeah Will I'm alright," you have the ginger a tight-lipped smile. "Thanks for catching me."

"Yeah sure, anytime Y/N." He returned, although his words held a deeper meaning you didn't quite catch on. Not when your mind worried about a certain dark haired gentleman.

You only bobbed your head awkwardly before brushing a hand against his shoulder in gratitude. "I'll catch you later?"

"Of course." Will smiled, watching you walk away. He sighed in defeat after a tortuous moment. Instead of focusing on you, he gazed toward Marcel who had stolen his long time crush right in front of him without even realizing it.

And Will could do nothing about it.

But he could try.

***

"So," Will strolled inside the lounge, catching Crockett by himself. "You and Y/N?"

Crockett laughed airy. He tried his best to ignore the tension waving off the ginger.

It was true. Crockett and you had something. Was it always there or did it start a few weeks ago is unknown to the both of you. After his daughter had passed away, he thought that life was no longer possible. At least life with someone by his side that does not pity him every second of the day.

You weren't like that of course. Instead of dotting over him, you became his friend he opened up to. After that day there was no mistake that the both of you shared the same feelings.

Only no one admitted it, and guys like Will Halstead became a good exercise for your fresh feelings.

Crockett felt his chest tighten in alert. He didn't like the tone of Will's voice.

"Yeah..." He drawled, testing his words before grabbing for his purple colored stethoscope, readying to leave and get back to work. "What about us?"

"Nothing," Will said. "Just didn't think she'd be into you."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Crockett leaned against the armrest of the corner sofa, utterly displeased with Will's words. "Look Will if there's anything you'd like to tell me why don't you just get on with it? I'd like to get back to work. There are patients I need to see."

Drama wasn't really his thing, but it seemed to follow him wherever he went. "Don't think I've forgotten about you and April. I won't let you do the same to Y/N."

By the time Will's train of thought finished, he was already in his face. Neither knew what came after them but the passive aggression was growing with every second of time that passed.

"Look Will -" Crockett calmed down, keeping his voice pitched to the usual coolness.

But he was getting angry.

"No, you look," His college fought. "Leave Y/N alone."

"You're serious, right?" Crockett's smile faltered, his ears barely registering what was being said to him.

"Yes, I am serious!"

"What's going on in here?"

Both men turned their heads toward you. You were a leg in the room, looking around with furrowed brows. Simply beautiful to the both of them, making the situation a lot more awkward.

"Nothing Y/N," Will was quick on his feet, reassuring you that there was nothing going on.

But you felt uncomfortable, and didn't trust him. At least not like you trusted Marcel. You looked at him and waited for answers.

Crockett crossed his arms over his muscled chest and smirked in his usual fashion. "Will. Why don't you tell the lady why you're here."

His tone of voice was teasing, showing just who has the situation turned in their advantage. "Will? What is he talking about?"

"You know what? You win," Will clicked his tongue. "Have at it."

You were beyond confused when you stepped aside to let him through. Will roughly brushed pass you leaving, by all means, no room for questions. While you stood there confused, Crockett was very much livid.

"What's his-" Your words died on your tongue right that moment, as Crockett took steps your way and pulled you to him by the hip. In that kiss was a million loving thoughts projected into a moment postponed until now.

Like pure instinct your hands dove into his curls in a fashion you wanted to do since you've come to terms with your feelings. Your gaze travelled to the side as Crockett pulled you against his chest, more closely this time, if that were even possible. His nose tickled your ear as he whispered, "I've been wanting to do that for a while."

"Then why didn't you?" You teased. You had imagined your first kiss many times, and never did you ever think possible that it might happen while you both were working.

Crockett shrugged, not wanting to admit jealousy was the final straw for him. Watching Will think he has some sort of claim on you brought out something in him - protectiveness he didn't feel in a long time. It felt weird, but fulfilling at the same time. He had found something to care for again.

"Hey! You two," a booming voice spoke, shaking you both away from each other.

It was Maggie who stood behind you, phone in one hand and the other hand one situated on her hip. She stared you both into submission with narrowed eyes. "Back to work. You're not paid to show PDA. Besides, there're kids here."

Blushing, you tried to scurry outside which turned out to be a plain fail as Crockett grabbed your wrist and pulled you back into him for another short kiss. He was already used to this, and he could do it forever if it meant it would pull the blush out to your cheeks. And also, so he could show finally the world you were his.

Precisely show you off to Will.

After whispering apologies to Maggie on both your and Crockett's behalf, you lost yourself in the ED.

When Crockett sheepishly tried to evade Maggie by striding out after you, he turned out to be quite unlucky too as she grabbed his forearm and halted him. "Mind telling me why Will's walking around my ED, riled up like a bulldog?"

"Will's angry'" Crockett faked his surprise, "I wonder why."

Smirking like a champion, he walked out and had his eyes trained on you from afar immediately.