☞Wedding Day

"Do you think he'll come?" You ask while looking at your reflection in the mirror. Maggie and April gape at you.

"Girl are you crazy?" Maggie fixes your white veil and looks you dead in the eye. "He would be crazy to not come. Look at you! You're gorgeous!!"

You sniff and smile lightly. You did truly feel like a princess in your white dress.

On the brink of tears, you focused on hilarious mental images of you and Connor. Anything that was going to lighten up your mood even more.

Today was the day you will be someone's forever. It was just after seven o'clock in the evening on a calm breezy warm day that went completely in your favour. As real is it felt your mushed brain was messing with you in every way. Tears were threatening to fall because of all the right reasons. It was all happening so fast yet so so slow.

Natalie handed you the bouquet and kissed both of your cheeks before dissappearing outside to watch you as you walk down the aisle. You look outside the window, sun shined brightly. You could only imagine how dashing your fiancée must look like under the easy sun.

You took your fathers arm as he helped you to the aisle. You kept telling yourself not to cry but you couldn't stop the small hiccup once you saw the ceremony and everyone that came.

Music started and you held the bouquet while your hands twinged with sweat. You was nervous. Incredibly so. Your heart ran with legs like a runner. You smile as you look at your friends and family on each side.

But it all seemed to die down once you saw him. Standing there, looking like the most dashing man on earth, is none other than the love of your life.

Your fiancée. Future husband. Your forever.

With slow calculated steps you finally reached your husband to be, it took everything you had to maintain your composure and not explode with tears of joy.

Together, the two of you stood in front of each, eyes glossy and hands clasped together.

Connor stood right in front of you, ready now more than ever to take you to be his wife and forever.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. Would you two like to exchange vows?"

Connor holds your hans tight as you face each other before you both nod.

You take a deep breath and start, "Connor... I love you because you are happy and adventurous and strong. You are my best friend and I am so happy we are on the same team. You are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could have ever imagined and more loved than I ever thought was possible. You make me unbelievably proud with what you're doing as a doctor and as a person and I promise that I will make you proud as your wife."

You sniffle as tears fall down your cheeks. "I vow to listen to you and learn from you. I vow to laugh with you and cry with you. I vow to put all my effort into strengthening our marriage and giving you the best version of myself. Connor, on good days or bad days. I'll love you forever."

Connor's bottom lip quivers. He wipes his eyes with one hand before once again, taking your hand in his. "Do you remember the very first day that we met? I knew the very first moment I saw you. I knew we were meant to be together for all of our days. You have become my lover, my companion, and my best friend. You have made me the happiest man on the world today by agreeing to share your life with me. Words can't express my deep love for you and that's why I will take the years we're going to be spending together in love to tell you how much I love you every day."

He continues to speak from his heart, "I can't wait to grow our family and spend the rest of my days with you. I vow to comfort you and encourage you. I vow to cherish and respect you. I vow to care for you and protect you from all the bad in this world. I vow to be with you for all of eternity."

The time to exchange rigs arrives and Owen wobbles towards you with a huge smile. The two rings lay perfectly aligned on the plush pillow. His beautiful mom Natalie guides him until the rings are within Connor's reach. "Thanks buddy."

Connor takes a deep breath and places the golden righ in your finger. You feel it slide lightly until in nests perfectly against your engagement ring.

You slide a matching gold ring onto his finger with shaky hands. "Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have - the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Happiness erupts in waves and in that perfect moment he cups your face and places the most memorable kiss on your lips. A kiss that promises things words can't even begin to explain. With this kiss the two of you voewd to each other in ways you never thought possible. The two of you pull away just when it was about to go deeper and more passionate.

After a round of applause and big cheers, everyone slowly stands up from their seats and make their way towards you. They surround you, coming in for hugs from all sides.

You spend some time around the altar smiling and laughing while the photographer starts lining you all up for photos.

At the reception, when everyone takes their seats once again... In dim lights and mist you make your way to the dance floor. Connor walks up to you and puts his hands on your waist while you wrap yours around his neck. Followed by the beautiful melody of the song the two of you glide over the dance floor while whispering your love for each other.

Mr. and Mrs. Rhodes