"Maybe we can get a little light to shine on the field." Steve suggests. "Did you have any luck getting Stiles to agree to call his dad?"

"I did actually."" Phil replies, relieved at the idea of a path forward. "Stiles said I could call him, but Stiles didn't want to know anything. I will call Noah after dinner and see what I can gain."

"And maybe Tony will have come up with something." Steve agrees.

"Knowing him, we will have Stiles's entire life story by dessert." Phil concedes wryly. "I actually have something I need to discuss with Tony... JARVIS is he in his lab?"

"Yes, Agent. Sir says you are welcome to stop by."

"I'll do that now, then. Clint will you come with me? The rest of you should get ready for dinner."

They disperse, Natasha, Steve and Bucky heading towards the locker rooms while Phil and Clint head to the elevator. Once inside Phil says, "JARVIS hold the elevator please. Maximum privacy." JARVIS chimes in acknowledgment.

"What is it?" Clint asks, worried.

"Nothing bad..." Phil begins slowly. "Just something I wanted to run past you first."

"Shoot."

"I know we already agreed to let Stiles stay with us... thank you again for that." Clint nods but remains silent. "Something happened earlier when I brought up calling his dad. Stiles thought I wanted to call in order to send him back. He panicked - kept saying he couldn't go back." Clint winces in sympathy. "It got me thinking... Stiles is 17. Technically his dad could take him back if he finds out he is here, and there would be little we could do about it."

Clint makes the leap before Phil has to explain. "You want to adopt him?"

"Or at least make me his legal guardian. It would make sure he is safe.... And it might help prove to him that we mean it when we say we want him here. I want to get Pepper and Tony working on this with us. They have the legal power to make it happen, and they might have some ideas on how to go about this without dragging poor Stiles into court or anything."

"I think it sounds like a good idea. Did you think I wouldn't?"

"It is just a big commitment - for both of us. I don't want you to feel pressured or like I made this huge, life-changing decision without you. You are an integral part of my life, Clint. I need you to be okay with this before I decide on a course of action."

Clint steps closer and leans down to press a firm kiss to Phil's lips. Phil melts into it, for just a moment letting everything fall to the background. "Let's go talk to Tony." Clint says firmly, breaking the kiss.

Phil smiles at him and lets JARVIS lift the security and resume their journey to Tony's lab. Tony is waiting for them, not even pretending to be working. "I heard you had a bit of a rough day." He remarks.

"You could say that." Phil admits wryly. " I am concerned about legal implications of stiles staying here. I don't want to send him back....even if I don't know what has heppend.

"Easiest way to do that is making you stiles legal guardian - do you think your brother will agree?" Tony said .

"I'll ask him tonight. I'm going to call him after dinner. I actually want you two - and other there too. If that's ok with you guys. My talk with Noah can also give you some place to start looking becouse stiles said yes for you to look .