“I can’t wait till you meet her. She’ll love you,” he whispered from under his breath.

 “You think?” She questioned. “She won’t have a problem with her precious son bringing a black girl home for the first time?”

Jason chuckled at that. “Absolutely not girl. She’ll be more excited that I finally brought someone home for her to meet. If anything she’s more open minded than you?”

“And what is that supposed to mean Mr. Mills?” She had the audacity to sound offended.

“You specifically told me that you do not date white guys when we first met. Hells, you turned down a free drink from me at the lounge.”

“I’m sorry,” she said and placed another kiss on the side of his neck. “I was just so pissed off after my dad was killed. It was an excuse to protect myself from any men. He was looking for me.”

Turning, Jason slipped out of her arms, grabbed her hands and pulled her up with him. Tipping her chin up with his index finger, he looked into her brown eyes and smirked just slightly. It was at that moment that he realized that he loved her. He was still getting to know her but what he knew, he loved.

Without even trying, she made him forget their troubles for a second. That was what he needed; to forget that his best friend was killed, that his mother was kidnapped and that his brother was a two-faced bastard.

Jason needed her like his next breath and he wanted her to know.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her flat against his chest and brought his lips a few centimeters away from her plump ones before saying, “You’re forgiven.” Without warning he smashed his lips against hers in a sizzling kiss that made his knees buckle. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she moaned into his kiss and quickly responded not knowing that she was in fact feeding a monster inside of him.

A monster that was desperate for her warmth and her touch specifically. And as he slipped his tongue into her mouth to deepened the kiss that monster became greedier and more desperate then it had ever been.

Pushing her against the wall behind her, he continued his ongoing assault on her mouth and lips. He wanted more of her so he could forget the pain that was breaking his heart, he wanted her to get rid of his anger and the sadness that had plagued him so he continued feeding off of her. His hands tightened around her waist and the bottom of her ass when he smashed his groin into her pelvis in hopes of getting closer to her. He didn’t want to let go. He couldn’t let go.

He felt her hands slip from around his neck and land on his chest. He felt the pressure but ignored it. He heard her saying his name over and over and he kept going. She was encouraging him. She wanted him just as bad as he wanted her. Did she need him like he needed her right at this moment? Or was he imagining things?

From the dark clouds in his hazy mind he heard his name, he heard a cry, a whimper but paid it no attention. He was on a mission. He was hungry!

“Jason! What are you doing? Let her go!”

Jason’s head snapped up as he felt arms pulling him back from Machayla. He looked to where the voices came from and behind him stood his brother and Tabitha. Confused, he started to ask them what they were doing when he heard a what sounded like a growl.

Turning to face Machayla, he saw tears rolling down her cheeks, her lips tightened as a scowl formed on her face and her eyes, they held a scary kind of anger as she stared daggers at him.

He instantly became concerned. “What’s wrong?” He went to reach out to her when she pulled her hand back and slapped him hard enough to make him stumble backwards.