Chapter Twenty-Two

Soft hands slid up her arms. The fresh smell of strawberry shampoo filled her lungs as she tried very hard to keep her breaths steady. The person above her moved, light blue eyes met hers, dancing with mischief and excitement, making her breath catch. "Are you sure?" She whispered in the short space between them, warm breath caressing her face.

She gave a short nod, swallowing hard, not sure how to form words. Hope's eyes disappeared again, her head lowering towards Josie's neck. Electricity flowed beneath the touch of Hope's lips on her skin, making something in her awaken. She found it hard not to move under her touch, especially when her hands began moving lower. The soft tip of Hope's tongue grazed her collarbone and she sucked in a breath.

A pillow hit Josie in the side of the head. She jolted up, the morning light making her bedroom look warm and golden. Confused, she looked around, until her gaze met that of her twin sister. Lizzie was sitting up in her bed, one eyebrow raised, a slight smile on her lips. "What were you dreaming about?" The look on her face told Josie she knew exactly what she was dreaming about.

Josie picked up the pillow and tossed it back. "Nothing." She slid from her bed.

Lizzie followed her, smile wider now. "Oh come on Jo, with all that moaning."

Josie could feel her face heat, more at the memory of the dream than her sister's remark. "Drop it Lizzie." She tried to walk faster but her leg was throbbing. It had been almost a week since they got back, she no longer needed crutches to walk, but it still hurt when she tried to walk fast.

"Come on, just tell me who it was about?" Josie rolled her eyes as she started picking something to wear from her closet. Lizzie had sat on the edge of Josie's bed. "I'd tell you who I had a sex dream with." And didn't Josie know it, there had been many times Lizzie even recalled what happened in her dreams to Josie. "Was it Jade? I know you two had something going on before she left." When Josie didn't respond she rattled off all of Josie's exs. "Penelope, Landon..."

"Enough Lizzie." She said more determined now, because there was only one other person she knew Lizzie would mention and she wasn't sure how straight she could keep her face if Lizzie said Hope's name. A knock on their door sent relief through Josie. "Come in." She said immediately.

Josie's mom opened the door and smiled at them. "Good you're awake."

Josie and Lizzie turned their attention to their mother. "Is something wrong?" Lizzie asked.

Their mom stepped further into the room. "No, I just got back from Hope's morning session." Josie felt her face heat at the mention of the tribrid, Lizzie just rolled her eyes, that was until she caught sight of Josie and her expression turned accusingly. "I was wondering if you two would like to have breakfast with me?"

That turned Lizzie's attention again. "What about dad?"

"He is in a meeting."

Lizzie got up and walked to her own closet. "Good, girls breakfast, I'm in." She picked a few outfit choices from her closet.

"Great, I'll see you two in my office in a half hour?" The girls nodded and their mother took her leave.

Once they were alone again, Josie quickly grabbed her uniform and a towel. "I am going to shower, I'll see you at breakfast." She tried hard to make it to the door before Lizzie could answer.

"Going to take a cold shower to get over your Hope Mikealson sex dream?" She challenged as Josie put her hand on the handle. Josie took a deep breath, turned the handle and walked out before her sister could get any more jabs in.

To add to Josie's already embarrassing morning, she ran, literally, into the same girl who was featured in her dream. Hope had her hair up in a ponytail, messy from her exercise. She had a light layer of sweat on her forehead and her form fitting clothing was slightly dam. Josie had to swallow hard, she didn't need this so soon after her dream.