If I'm Not Safe In My Own Home Where Am I Safe? Chapter 4

I stared at his name longer than necessary.  I checked to see if he was online. Lucky me, he was. Unlike most girls I wasn’t nervous about talking to random guys. It came naturally to me. 

Me: Do I know you?

Ryder: I don’t think so. What school do you go to?

Me: Warren High School.

Ryder: Really? Me too!

Me: No way! What grade are you in?

Ryder: I’m a sophomore. You?

Me: I’m a sophomore too! So we’re in the same grade and we go to the same school and we don’t know each other?

Ryder: It’s because of my ninja skills. You can’t see me because I’m just so fast.

Me: Oh really now? I’m a witch you know.

Ryder: That’s a shame

Me: Why so?

Ryder: Don’t you know that witches and ninjas can’t be friends?

Me: You want to be friends?

Ryder: Of course. 

Me: Well aren’t ninjas known for being bad ass?

Ryder: Yes.

Me: Then we can be friends silly.

Ryder: How?

Me: No one needs to know. That way we don’t get in trouble.

Ryder: Alright. 

The was a sudden sound of a car. I felt uneasy and the room started to spin. 

Me: I’m sorry new friend but I need to go.

Ryder: Oh okay. I guess we shall speak tomorrow then. Have a good night. 

I reread the conversation and smiled at the fact that we pretended to be ninjas and witches. I felt happy talking to this boy and I couldn’t wait for tomorrow. I quickly shut off the computer and grabbed a book to read just as the front door opened. Her footsteps echoed in the silent house. She was coming. 

“Reading again?” Her voice was bitter. I nodded. The book went flying across the room. Hitting the wall. “Go to bed.” She walked out slamming the door behind her.  

As quietly as possible I retrieved the book from the floor and place on the shelf. Switching on my nightlight I curled up in a ball and fell asleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i actually do pretend I'm a witch because Harry Potter is my life. Anyways comment and stuff :p