If I'm Not Safe In My Own Home Where Am I Safe? Chapter 3

I didn't close my bedroom door fully wanting to listen to see if my mother was going to come and finish our "conversation" from early. I heard her footsteps on the stairs. I held my breath. When I realized she wasn't coming in my room I started to breath again.

"Friday I'm driving your father back to Warren. Stay up and watch the house." 

"Okay." I listened for the car to pull out of the driveway. As soon as I knew she wasn't coming back anytime soon I got up to put on my pajamas.  I took off my purple t-shirt and stood in the mirror examining the bruises forming on my already imperfect body.  

I continued to stare while the tears started to form. I tried hard to hold them back, but it was nearly impossible. I brought my eyes from my stomach to my face. Black ran down my face. Again I let my eyes fall to my chest and down to my stomach. Ugly. Ugly. Ugly. That was what I was. I was ugly. The tears started to flow heavier. That's when I got the urge. I tried hard to fight it when ever it came around but this time it was much stronger then I was. 

My fingers rummaged through my drawers searching for them. Part of me tried to stop myself, but the other part continued to hunt for them. My hand finally brushed against the cold metal. Gripping the scissors I ran my thumb over the familiar spot on my wrist. Slowly I pressed one of the blades against my skin, applying enough pressure to allow the scissors to break the skin. Red poured from the cut. I sat down on the floor and cried. 

When I stopped crying, I noticed the blood dripping down my arm. I got up and walked to the bathroom to clean up the mess. After putting on a bandaid I walked back to my room and turned on my laptop. Looking for a distraction. I decided to sign onto Facebook to distract myself with other peoples lives. Everyone's status was either some random song lyrics or something about a stupid television show that I didn't watch. Then something caught my eyes. Well not something a someone. A boy who I didn't even know existed. 

Ryder Summers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah so this is really short but i need to get it out there comment and stuff byes :)