23. The Trek to the World Cup

Start from the beginning

"Half bloods running about the house...if only they were alive to see the kinds of visitors master has walking through these doors..." I rolled my eyes at the dreadful house elf who I had become unpleasantly familiar with—Kreacher.

I quickly walked past him, no longer caring about the way he always spoke to me, seeing as I now had so much to look forward to for the rest of the summer. As I made my way into the bedroom and began packing my things, I still couldn't believe that I would be getting to attend the Quidditch World Cup, with George on top of that, all thanks to Mr.Weasley.

I spent the next fifteen minutes stuffing everything back into my trunk and making sure Athena was safely put back into her cage, now making my way down the hall with both in hand.

Yet again, Kreacher stood at the top of the staircase, glaring at me. "The half blood finally leaves...about time..." he mumbled, my annoyance now reaching its peak.

"Shut up for once, Kreacher—" I said, angrily pushing past him before I now saw George standing at the bottom of the staircase waiting for me.

"Finally picking a fight with someone your own size?" he teased, rolling my eyes at him before he grinned as I now shuffled my way down, struggling to carry both my trunk and my owls cage.

As I reached the third step to the bottom, George quickly grabbed both out from my hands and placed them down next to him on the ground as I now stood at his eye level. I reached my arms out to him, wrapping them around his neck before going in to kiss him, finally, after six weeks.

"You grew your hair long," I spoke between breaths, smiling at him as I combed my fingers through the top of it.

"Yeah, Fred and I have a bet to see who can grow it out the longest. Reckon he'll win...I'm thinking I'll let my mum cut it before we go back to Hogwarts," he muttered, giving me a small smile.

"No, don't...I like it," I said, biting down on my lip, as I pushed some of it out from his face.

"Yeah?" he smirked, nodding my head at him and leaning in once more to hug him.

"I've missed you so much," I spoke.

"Me too," he said, nuzzling his head into my neck before quickly pulling away as Sirius and his father now walked up to the two of us.

"Just about ready?" Mr.Weasley questioned, smiling widely at me. I nodded at him as he now went to grab Athena in her cage and head back into the dining room where we all now followed him, George carrying my trunk in one arm.

"Well, it was nice finally meeting you, Sirius. I hope we can meet again under better circumstances," Mr. Weasley spoke. Sirius gave him a kind nod before turning to face George now.

"Nice meeting you, George," he said, holding out his hand for him to shake.

"Likewise, sir," he replied, still nervously however.

As Mr.Weasley stepped into the fireplace with my owls cage in hand, he grabbed a handful of the floo powder that stood next to him and muttered the destination, becoming engulfed in green flames before he disappeared.

I turned to look at Sirius, who I still couldn't help feeling bad for, leaving him so suddenly.

"Do you mind if I meet you there in a moment?" I whispered to George, before he quickly gave me a knowing smile and walked into the fireplace with my trunk in hand, saying his final goodbyes to Sirius before disappearing in the flames.

"I know you feel bad, Calista...don't be. I want you to enjoy the rest of your summer," he spoke as I nodded my head at him. "I won't be able to write to you...it's too risky, but i'll find other means to, alright?" I nodded at him again, still not knowing what to say.