Chapter 8: We Stand Yet We Break

Hulk roars at them, Millie stood up and charges her golden orbs, then the army of Ultron robots pours in. but the Avengers form a circle around the key and began picking the Ultron robots off.

They kept coming, trying to reach for the key, but then Avengers kept destroying the robots, keeping the key safe and out of their metal hands.

Then Ultron himself joins in and fought Vision, Millie looks up, charging her orbs, then leans back and fired them up at Ultron, throwing him off and Vision fired the beam into Ultron. Thor looks and saw Vision forcing Ultron out of the church and onto the ground as he tries to hold off the beam, Thor then looks to Millie as she caught on.

He steps to her, took her by her waist, and flew out of the church, both landing on the ground as Millie fired her own golden beam at Ultron, Thor summons thunder and fires. Tony was the last to join in, charging the arc pulses in his hands and fired concentrated energy at the machine.

All four kept the pressure on, forcing Ultron back as his Vibranium body couldn't withstand the heat from all four powers directed at him and began to metal away and seeing him waver in his stance the cease in their assaults, Millie collapse back onto her knees as she was just about too spend of energy.

Thor kneels next to her as they look down at the ruined Ultron, he groans and pulls himself back up "You know with the benefit of hindsight..." he gambles. "Hulk," Millie calls out and Hulk slams his fist right into Ultron, sending him flying away and out of sight.

Then he looks back to the remaining Ultron robots, they stagger back and went running, but Hulk growls and charges after them. The Ultron robots ran to the edge of the city and flew off. "They'll try to leave the city." Thor states, Millie shook her head, "We can't let them leave, Ultron is still copied onto them." she states as Vision pulls her back onto her feet. "She's right, we can't let them, not even one. Rhodey." Tony said. "I'm on it," Rhodey answers and flew after them, but then was assisted by Vision, who he hasn't met yet.

Everyone gathers in the church, Millie limps as he held her side, "We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you." Steve informs them. "What about the core?" Clint asks him. "I'll protect it." Wanda answers and both Millie and Clint look at her as she looks back down at them. "It's my job," she states.

Millie and Clint nod at her, "I'll stay behind." Millie states and they looked at her, "Mills." Steve starts and she looks at her. "You're barely standing on your own, banged up, wounded, and spent of all energy, you need immediate medical attention," he informs her. But Millie just chuckles dryly. "Don't worry, I just need a minute to catch my breath is all," she assures him. "A minute you may not have," he tells her.

But Millie just smiles, "Steve. Don't worry about me. Go be Captain America first, then you can be my big brother." she tells him and he rolls his eyes at her. "You're three years younger than me." he reminds her. "Don't I know it," she states and looks at the others. "Go, I'll catch up," she tells them. Clint nods at her "Nat." he said and the two ran off.

Then Steve steps to Millie and grips her arm, "You better be on those lifeboats before this city drops." he tells her, she smiles and nods, "Yes, sir." she answers, he nods at her, patting the back of her neck and ran out of the church. Wanda looks around the church as Millie sat down. "Just a minute, that's all," she mutters and leans back on the steps. Wanda looks down at her, and from what she was sensing from her, Millie was hiding something.

But Petrio ran into the church, taking out an Ultron robot and the two looked at him "Get the people on the boats." she orders him, "I'm not going to leave you here." he tells her. "I can handle this," she assures him and took out an Ultron robot.