"𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲...𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."

Start from the beginning

"Elizabeth! What should we do?!" Diane shouted. Elizabeth stayed silent for a moment.

"Take him back to the palace."

...

The others quickly brought Meliodas back to the room he had been resting in at the palace. He still had trouble keeping his eyes open. He looked so tired. He was probably going to die in his sleep...

"Meliodas...stay awake." Elizabeth pleaded. Elizabeth didn't know what to think anymore. She knew Zaneri would kill her when she finds out about this.

"There's no use in trying. This is how the curse works doesn't it?" Zeldris spoke.

"He might die any moment now. You're currently holding him as he's fighting to stay awake." Zeldris added.

"Don't say that...he's gonna make it..." Hawk sniffed.

But that wasn't the case...

"Elizabeth?" Meliodas spoke weakly. Elizabeth looked down at Meliodas who had his head on her lap.

"His presence is fading...Elizabeth...I'm sorry but it's too late." Merlin sighed sadly.

"That's impossible! Meliodas stay with me!" Elizabeth pleaded. She watched as her tears had made their way onto Meliodas's cheeks. She noticed his tired eyes had finally closed again.

But they never opened...

"..."

"It's over now," Zeldris mumbled. Elizabeth froze refusing to believe it. This was the second time he had died in front of her.

It was the end. All Elizabeth had to do now was wait for Meliodas to return without even knowing who she was...

...

Zeldris stayed silent as he cradled the small child in his arms. After two years, Zeldris had finally found Meliodas. He looked the same as well. Zeldris laughed slightly at the sight of his brother's baby form. The child continued the babble utter nonsense as Zeldris held him.

"Meliodas...what do you think Gelda will think of this?" Zeldris asked sadly as he felt a single tear one down his cheeks. He felt a hand tug at his hair slightly. But Zeldris didn't mind.

"Everything was going so well..." Zeldris began.

"What can I do?"

"In order to help you?" Zeldris said looking down at Meliodas who looked like he was on the verge of falling asleep.

Zeldris held Meliodas tightly before standing up and began speaking.

"I failed you."

"I failed you again."

"I'm sorry...brother." Zeldris finished. Meliodas was now officially sleeping peacefully in Zeldris's arms as Zeldris began walking around the small village. Zeldris had considered bringing Meliodas back to Zaneri and Jenna back in Istar, but He knew if he did that, he would never have the chance to see Meliodas again.

"There's no way I'm taking you back to Elizabeth. I refuse to let you continue suffering." Zeldris spoke to himself.

"After all these years, I've seen how you've been living ever since you left us. And you don't deserve this." Zeldris added as he walked through a forest.

"Which is why I'm taking you with me."

"Back home," Zeldris said. He knew if he returned to the demon realm Elizabeth will never be able to see Meliodas again. But there was one last thing he had to do...

"Father? You can hear me right?" Zeldris mumbled not wanting to wake Meliodas.

"Zeldris, I would've never imagined I would get the chance to speak with you after all this time." The King of the demons spoke through the portal he had opened.

"I'm returning home. If that's alright with you." Zeldris said.

"Why of course. But what do you expect to do with Meliodas?" The demon king spoke. Zeldris glared at the portal before speaking.

"He's coming with me. You're going to break his curse and bring him back to normal." Zeldris ordered.

"And what makes you think I'll do such a thing? I thought you hated your brother. He's a traitor remember?" The Demon King remarked. Zeldris scoffed.

"Yeah. But when we return, I'll make sure he never betrays us again." Zeldris said truthfully. The demon king hummed in approval.

"As for the goddess?" The Demon spoke. Zeldris growled.

"Dispose of her. I don't want My elder brother chasing after her. Or at least make sure she doesn't get closer to Meliodas." Zeldris added. He knew the other sins would be worried sick about him. He was gone for a month after saying he would go after Meliodas. He wanted them to know he had betrayed them. But in the end, it was for a good cost...

"I see. Very well."

"But once the two of you return, you'll have to be punished." The demon king sighed. Zeldris nodded.

"That's understandable."

"Just let me in."

...

The End.

This is the end, everyone! I'm sorry that this book and the one before it was so bad. I might consider doing a rewrite in the future. But I might fuse the first book and the sequel together. As for future books, I might take a small break from writing anything that takes place in the Seven Deadly Sins. I kinda want to write an Attack on Titan book. But we'll see.