Chapter 2

As Jack got closer to New York, his feelings of fear and abandonment began to grow again. It had been a while since he had spoken to somebody who wasn't also a spirit. What if he couldn't see him anymore? Would he have heard about what happened at Easter yet? The spirit rumor mill never stopped, especially not if it was about him. Or more specifically, hating him even more than they did before. Being spotted with the guardians had certainly slowed down the spread of growing hate for the winter spirit, but it really didn't take long for news to spread.

He knew that he would never get help if everybody hated him. The guardians already turned their backs, the entire spirit realm hated him to begin with so they weren't an option either. No, this really was his only option.

---

Tony and some of the other avengers were sitting in the living room watching a movie. The tower was restored and Fury had chewed them out for whatever reason he didn't care to listen to earlier. Thus he declared it a quiet evening. Of course Steve suggested a movie night. There were lots of movies on his list that he still wanted to finish. It being Tony's place, he chose Star Wars from the list. Thor had decided on a visit and after some time with Jane he came the tower as well. Something about warriors bonding being important. They were about halfway the movie, drinks and snacks littered the floors around each person.

Jarvis lowered the volume of the movie. "Sir, I have picked up an unusual cold front approaching fast. Should I prepare the generators for emergency?"

Tony sighed at his AI. "Did you really have to interrupt the movie for a little bit of cold wind?" He said with his mouth full of candies. Bruce actually looked at the map Jarvis was presenting and studied it. "Um Tony I don't think this is just a 'cold wind'. Not with the speed and diameter it's moving at."

Tony rolled his eyes and looked at the map. Just as Bruce has said, there is a large blue blot on the map, heading straight for the city. Temperatures started dropping fast in the surrounding areas to below freezing. "Jarvis pause the movie and set the heating higher. Oh and keep an eye out for whatever is causing this. If it's tech I want to know."

"Tony is this really necessary?" Clint asked, "So what if it's a bit cold, we're inside and it's not like we're planning on going anywhere anytime soon."

"This isn't some normal storm, Clint. They don't just move that fast and drop so low. Especially this time of year. We can't even get a decent measurement of they eye, which we will be in in a few minutes." Dr. Banner said as he and Tony studied the maps and security feed.

Steve didn't understand much of it, but Thor sure seemed to be interested. He leaped out of his chair and went over to the scientists. "What is this cold you speak of?" He said while still enjoying his popcorn.

"It's going too fast for a natural storm, something is causing it to either move or create the whole thing together. The eye has reached the outer edges of the city already. At this rate it should be above the tower in-"

"FRIEND JACK!" Thor boomed and the threw his bucket in the air from joy and ran outside. "How good to see you again my friend! What brings you here?" He asked as he approached the helipad.

Wind gentle lowered Jack a bit and he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "Good to see you too, Thor. I, um, I'm kinda looking for Loki? Would you know where he is?" He almost whispered. He really didn't like being in the city right now. He could feel everything yelling at him to get out, that winter wasn't needed here. But he had to know.