Giving each other knowing looks, Renjun and Haechan couldn't hide how entertained they were. Somewhere underneath light-hearted chuckles and the comfortable casualness that the situation brought with it, Haechan hummed. 

"She called it endearing but judging by today's state of knowledge, it's kind of embarrassing, isn't it?" he mocked. 

The deep breath Jisung took afterwards was meant as a way to get himself to stay calm. As much as he loved his friends, they sometimes managed to be so effortlessly annoying that it was almost impressive. 

However, today he let it be. 

He ignored both boys and just rested a bit. He watched the sun set until it eventually disappeared behind buildings and trees. Distant rays of light coloured the sky a light shade of blue before it eventually turned dark in all absence of light. 

It was pretty. 

Time went by slowly, but every second that passed merely helped set the mood for a calm night. 

Jisung put his arms on the table and rested his head on it. Eyes closed, he enjoyed the soft wind that sneaked past his legs and the distant sound of cars passing, people talking, insects singing. 

And just like this, minutes had passed before Jisung's phone suddenly rang. He picked it up quickly. 

[Incoming call]
[♡Nana♡] 

He frowned for a second. "When did he change his name again?" he mumbled eventually, before picking up and guiding the phone up to his ear. Head still on his arms, he waited for him to talk. 

But he wouldn't. 

"What's up?" Jisung asked instead, getting ready for the older one's voice to push through the speakers.

He was getting ready to hear Jaemin talk. He expected his voice.

"Jisung~"

Sitting up straight, eyes wide all of a sudden, he stared ahead blankly. Instead of the voice of the boy he adored so much, he heard a voice he hated so deeply.

"Are you surprised?" Young-hee asked almost excitedly.

Meanwhile, Jisung bit his teeth together to control his anger. With every exhale he pressed his chest down until his lungs were dry of air and with every inhale he filled them until they felt like they were about to burst.

But it all didn't matter because he felt like he couldn't breathe.

"Why do you have his phone?" Jisung merely asked. 

The other two boys that had not quite understood what was going on until now were suddenly starting to feel nervous as well. Watching and listening closely, they shared looks.

"What a boring question," she said after pushing out a disappointed sigh. "It's not like I stole their backpacks and found their phones in it."

The mocking tone she carried in her voice made him sick.

"I have Jaemin's phone because he and Jeno are with me," she explained.

"Young-hee, if you--"

"Yeah, I know, I know. Don't worry about that. They are fine," she reassured before pausing and adding, "For now."

Jisung took a deep breath. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Meet me," she said simply. "You can take all of your friends with you, I also brought some. I will give you... an hour? I'll send you the address."