Paras and Mahira waited for their audio clip to play and I almost dropped the phone hearing my voice and Shehnaz's.

"Pyaar mey hai tu mere?"

The conversation replayed as I focused the mobile camera onto the duo and the lush green lawn. Of all the things in the world, this was famous on social media?

Shehnaaz's reply was in a soft, hesitant tone as if she were almost afraid of my reaction if she said yes.

I didn't know what caused me to ask that to her so bluntly. I had expected vehement negation or at most, an outrageous laugh-not the delicate way in which she held my hands in her palm and confessed to me that I could say anything to her and still if I'd approach her and she'd let go of her ego in a heartbeat.

All of that seemed to be absolute bs now. I had approached her thrice. Not anymore.

She better come to me herself or I'll see to that outside of this house.

God, I sounded deranged even to my own ears.

I shielded myself from the rays of sunlight as I held the camera up, anticipating Paras and Mahira to ingest some chemistry into the scene.

Paras was okay but the way Mahira was literally flopping around over-dramatically and pressing herself closer to his side in a so-called imitation of Shehnaz made my forehead crease.

I didn't know whether to laugh at her making a fool out of herself or chide her for the implied insult at Shehnaz. In the end, I did neither and simply showed them their video in case they wanted a retake. 

Mahira decided her hair wasn't looking nice over her shoulder so we did a retake again including the cringy way she was imitating Shehnaz and ruining the sanctity of the memory for me.

I let her see her shot and she was satisfied.

Arti and I were to imitate Vishal and Madhurima which made me realise that the theme of all these clips was basically emulating the shipped couples of the season.

I decided to opt for gulping a spoonful of my medication before I shot the video and Arti went looking for the red frying pan that Madhurima had wrung at Vishal.

I stepped into the glass doors noticing Rashami walk past me and gave her a saccharine smile that she used to fool me with during DSDT and tossed imaginary locks of hair behind my shoulder. She rolled her eyes, knowing I was imitating her but Devo giggled assuming that I was flirting with Rashami.

Only if she knew.

God forbid me to see her face after this show. 

I halted in my tracks at the sight awaiting me at the washroom.

Vishal was smooching a path up to Shehnaz's arms and she pushed him away.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

"Haa, great-Yeh karlo," Asim said and I realised that they were practising for the video. Even so, it didn't make me any less displeased. He didn't need to be so involved in his role!

Shehnaz was sporting an off-shoulder top, exposing her creamy shoulders and her black hair cascaded down her waist.

The very same waist that Vishal had now seized and pulled her closer for a hug.

Did he have a death wish I wonder?

Shehnaaz noticed my presence and glanced back at me before swerving away. 

It's just a pretence, it's just a pretence...I chanted to myself before ignoring the duo and disappearing into the changing room to pick up my clothes.

But then when I walked out to be welcomed by the sight of Shehnaaz still in Vishal's arms as the audio clip played, I saw red.

But it looked like the desired clip was shot because Vishal observed the screen then nodded, backing away. 

He chose to live after all.

I was in the dilemma of what I should say when Shehnaaz walked past me when she herself stopped in her tracks before me.

"Dawai li?"

"Haa?" I was confused for a moment.

"Tera dawai jo bheja hai, liya tune?"

I nodded at last and she went back to her cold self and walked past me. I suddenly realised what could catch her attention and I disappeared into the changing room while coughing loudly.

Shehnaz rushed back to me and I pretended to break into a fit of cough until she came closer into my vicinity and I stopped my act and quickly held her wrist.

She gasped noticing that I was suddenly alright again.

What can I say, I'm a pretty good actor.

I turned us around until her back was met by the clustered shelves. Someone's baggage dropped down as she bumped against it which I didn't particularly care for.

Did I say wasn't going to approach her again? Well, fuck it all.

I brought my foot up and rested it on one of the shelves leaving no room for escape.

"Okay! Tujhe waha rehna hai, raho. Maine sau baar yeh cheez bol chuka hoon k  woh leg tere ko use kar raha hai, tujhe koi farkh nahi padta.Great."

"Yaha Paras aur Mahira toh mujhe bohot pyaar karte hai na?" she muttered sarcastically, wringing her wrist from my hold.

Okay, I can't contest that. The hatred was mutual.

I shook my head. That was not my point anyway.

"Woh baat chodo. Teri strategy hai, waha khel na, mey samaj gaya.It's fine. Par mey tere saath game ke liye nahi tha. I really like you and that's why I spend time with you. Tum waha raho jitni dher rehna hai,  uss chakar mey mere saath gussa hona, baat nahi karna, muh phulake bhaith na...Yeh sab mat kar."

There! I said it. No one could've said it more clearly.

Her brows furrowed and she looked away, making me almost dread her verdict. That was the matter with Shehnaaz. You never know what was going on in her mind.