Chapter 13

Jackson POV

It's been a month since Scarlett left, we talk every night but it's still not the same. She told me about her first week there, she said it's was okay but hard to fit in when she had no one to really talk to. Everyone looked at her funny and made fun of the way she dressed, they'd call her hick and redneck. But she took them as complements and just walked on, it made me proud to call her my girlfriend. Me on the other hand, I've been bored outta my mind. And ever since Scarlett left girls have been asking me left and right to go on a date, but I just nicely say no and keep walking. One girl though kind of struck a nerve. "You know you'll never see her again, she gonna get with some hot rich guy and forget all about you." She yelled at me, it took all my control to not do something. I just quietly kept on walking. But then later that night, I started think what she said was true. Because lately we haven't been really talking just texting, she always says she to busy to call. I don't know, maybe she did move on, maybe she didn't. But I'll never know unless I'm there. "Talking about the boys round here, drinking that ice cold beer." my ring tone was going off. "Hello?" I asked into the phone this was I different number. "Hello, is this Jackson?"

I female voice asked. "Yes, who is this?" I asked, "Um...I can't tell you that." she said quickly. "And why is that?" I asked a little annoyed that some random person. has my phone number. "Because, she'll kill me if she found out I told you." She answered, "Who's would kill you?"I asked, "Scarlett, um...I think she's seeing someone other than you." She said my heart dropped. "What do you mean, she would never do that." I said not wanting to believe her. "Yep its true...", "What are you doing with my new phone? You better not be calling Alex." she giggled. It was Scarlett. I didn't say anything I just hung up the phone and sat there looking at the wall that had a picturevof me and her. I suddenly felt so much anger and rage I ripped the picture down and tore it up. Why, why is she doing this? Why can't she just tell me to my face? I'm so pissed. I ran out the door and got into my truck and drive. I didnt know where or for how long but I just drove. I didn't get back home til late at night. I walked into the house to find my mother holding the phone and looking out the window. "Mom what are you doing up, it like 10 o'clock at night? " I said taking off my boots and placing them by the door. "You brother hasn't came home yet. And he left his phone here, while he went out with that trailer trash." She said and was referring to Josh's girlfriend who just uses him to get what she wants. "Where did they go and I'll go out and try to find him." I said thinking that he's probably laying on the floor stuck somewhere. "He went to that little pub down by the hotel. I thought I could trust him but I guess I was wrong." She said looking down. I decided not to tell her about Scarlett so I put my boots back on the headed back out the door. As I got to the pub called Last Ride I saw my brother sitting an the sidewalk. "Howdy partner need a lift?" I said as I rolled the window down. "Jackson what.. What are you doing here?" He asked getting up quickly. "Oh you know just driving around town and I saw you, so I thought I say hi." I said unbucking my seatbelt. "Oh, well I was just fixing to go back inside. I needed some fresh air." He said not meeting my eyes. "Where's your date?" I asked, "um she's inside, but I... I screwed up. I really did. I only started dating her to make Sadie jealous, but now she just hates me." He said letting his head fall into his hands. "It's okay, I'm sure everything will turn out fine." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. "No it wont, your so perfect and have a perfect girlfriend. I'm just I mistake, and..." he said jeering away from me. "I'm not perfect, what the hell gave you that idea?" I asked raising my voice a little. "You and Scarlett your so happy and in love." he said, "Listen Josh, I'm not with Scarlett anymore. Her friend called me and told me. So no I'm not happy and in love." I said taking my hat off and sitting down. "Oh I'm sorry Jackson I didn't know." he said sitting beside me. "It's alright, it's just I can't believe it. Why would she do this." I said, "Probably cause some dipshit flashed money in her face." I said then cowered away. "Don't worry I ain't gonna hit you, it most likely true." I said putting my head in my hands. I honestly didn't know how to react. Why would she do this? "Well, wanna go home I'm sure milly can find her own way home." he said getting up and walking toward the truck. "Yeah, I need sleep." I said as I got in the drivers seat.

--------
Sorry it took so long and it's so short, I've had a lot on my mind lately. You know with school and crap but I hope to start updating more soon.