𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼

Start from the beginning

"Looks even better now that it's up," Tubbo chirped, eyes glued to the flying ensign. "Good job Niki!"

"Definitely," you added, stepping next to Niki and putting an arm around her shoulder. "It's amazing."

Niki blushed, rubbing her neck with the back of her hand. "Thank you, Tubbo. Thank you, Y/n."

-----

"Ugh, this is- oh- hi Y/n."

Your face reflected your slightly concerned tone as you spoke to the brunette. "Wilbur, you okay?"

"Yeah, I just- I can't seem to get this right," he sighed, tossing his quill to the side. You went around to his side of the desk, looking over the paper he was writing on.

"I heard there was a special place, where men could liberate the brutality and the oppression of dictators. Well, this place is real, you don't have to fret. With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret. It's quite big and it's not blown up L'manberg." you read aloud. "Well, that's not bad at all, Wil. Just needs some edits."

"I just can't get the right rhythm." Wilbur gestured to the several crumpled up pieces of paper that sat in the trash can next to him.

"Well, could you sing it to me? Maybe I could help."

"Hmm. Sure, I suppose."

In a soft tone, Wilbur began to sing the notes. The melody was sweet and graceful, but not too complicated. He stuttered over a few words, but the song still managed to sound beautiful.

"That sounds lovely, Wil," you commended, leaning closer to the paper. "I think we need to change a few words here and there, do you agree?"

Wilbur nodded. You scanned the page, finger landing on the word 'liberate'. "This one has too few syllables. We'll need to replace it with something else. Maybe... maybe 'emancipate'?"

"Hmm. Uh, where men could emancipate - I think that's still a bit short. Another few words would do it."

"Oh! How about, where men could go and emancipate?"

"N/n, you're a genius," Wilbur responded, pulling out another piece of paper and scribbling out the first line. "Ok, the next one... the syllables work, but it doesn't flow well, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah, yeah, I see. Try maybe 'injustice'?"

"Brutality and the injustice - that still sounds weird. Oh, wait- how about 'tyranny'?"

"Yes, that's it!"

You watched the quill move across the paper, slowly but surely creating a song from its ink. The two of you continued to work out the lyrics bit by bit, not noticing the moon slowly taking the sky from the sun.

By the time you had gotten the lyrics fully polished, the moon was far up. Wilbur looked outside, jumping slightly when he noticed that the light no longer filtered through his windows.

"Y/n, I didn't even realize I was keeping you here! Sorry!" he apologized, rolling up the parchment.

"No, no, it's not your fault," you reassured, placing a hand on his arm. "Want to sing it one more time?"

Wilbur looked at you with a smile on his face. "I'd love to."

Both of you stepped outside, taking in the moon that shed a dim light onto your faces. Wilbur unrolled out the sheet, letting you look at it. The song started out shakily, but grew clear as you went on.

"Well, I've heard there was a special place
Where men could go emancipate
The brutality and the tyranny
of their rulers."

You glanced to your left at Wilbur, before looking up to the gibbous moon.

"Well, this place is real, you needn't fret.
With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret.
It's a very big and not blown up
L'manberg."

You sang with a smile, arm wrapping around Wilbur's side. The two of you began to sway slightly to each other's voices.

"My L'manberg
My L'manberg
My L'manberg
My L'manberg."

-----

1194 words (without a/n)

Header by @/rexmin203 on DeviantArt

Events in this chapter diverge from canon slightly, but the anthem and flag are so iconic I had to include them. 

Important notice: After closing the last love interests poll, the decision was to keep five: Wilbur, Schlatt, Dream, Techno, and Karl! 

Anywho, this is your reminder to go get water :) I haven't in a while so I'm going to grab some too. Vote if you liked the chapter, drop a comment, and follow if you want to read more of my stuff. Thank you, and goodbye!

-Partially Human