"I like you... I'm dating you... Aren't I?" Aiden anxiously twisted the rubber bands he kept on his wrist, occasionally purposely cutting off his circulation.

"Aiden, I've been people's second choice my entire life... It would be nice if you didn't avoid my question" Tai sighed. Another wave of guilt washed over Aiden and he hesitantly bit down on his lip.

"I like Beau... But he doesn't like me back, not really. I like you and you like me and I'm happy with you..." Aiden sighed, still avoiding Tai's gaze.

"You don't like Beau, you love him"

"I don't-" Aiden paused as the pretty boy popped into his mind. A bright smile on his lips, his blue eyes squinted slightly and the light kisses from the sun dotting his cheeks in the form of freckles. How just the sound of his voice brightened up Aiden's day... How badly he craved his touch and every ounce of affection he could get. "Shit... I'm sorry" he whispered as he buried his hands in his hair.

"It's fine... It's not like I didn't already know" Tai mumbled. "I want you to be happy" He lightly nudged Aiden, forcing the boy to look back over at him. He was surprised to see that he was wearing a bright smile... Even when breaking up with Aiden.

"I feel like such an asshole" Aiden admitted with a groan.

"It's fine. It's not like this was ever going to go anywhere. You're too vanilla for me" Tai snorted. He stared at Tai in disbelief before a bright smile reached his lips, followed by laughter on both ends.

"I'm not vanilla" Aiden protested. Tai rolled his eyes.

"Are too" He laughed. If Aiden had learned anything about Tai, it was that he had a degrading kink along with a few others he refused to mention. Aiden had decided that like the time he had tried handcuffs with Olive it was an... Interesting experience, but not for him. Aiden rolled his eyes and jokingly shoved Tai away.

"I'm not" Aiden scoffed, although he couldn't suppress another laugh. He was just glad things weren't weird... He was glad Tai was still Tai and that they were still good friends. But his mind was more occupied by Beau and only three small yet powerful words circled his mind;

I love him

_________________________________________

"I didn't get to go to his funeral... But I heard from a few people in town that they listed me off as his friend. I hate that so much" Beau sighed. "And I can't talk about this with anyone else... Markos has tried listening and all but he doesn't get it... And I just feel guilty for talking to Aiden about it... I'm sorry for talking so much"

"Quit apologizing" Jullian rolled his eyes before glancing up from his notes and at the small blue-eyed boy sitting a few feet from him. Jullian had enjoyed talking to Beau... Although he couldn't always understand his thought process or views on the world, the two were from insanely similar backgrounds.

Both were from strict religious families, both had lost a loved one, lived in a closed-minded community, and felt the need to lessen themselves into what was expected of them. Jullian had known he had one similarity with Beau when they had played never have I ever. Beau had grown uncomfortable and disgusted with himself at the idea of having any desires toward others. Jullian had had similar issues for a while... Up until Sarah had proven that 'impurity' didn't make you a bad person.

They were two different outcomes of the same equation. They were two people that had spent so long living for someone else and being someone else to appease the people in their lives. And now that they finally had the freedom to be them, they didn't have a clue where to start. Jullian was just relieved that he wasn't trying to discover it alone anymore.