And staring at myself in the mirror, I couldn't tell if the smile was genuine or not.

Sure, I made it out of the deaths. I no longer had to deal with the stress of watching the universe rip itself apart right in front of me.

But the person I had cared so much for was gone. We'd always meet up at the same park, making plans on how we'd get out of there. I expected it to be the greatest feeling when I got back.

And now that it was all over, I didn't know what to feel. I was happy, yet in so much pain.

Before I could think more, the sound of rain from outside caught my attention. I widened my eyes, realizing I hadn't seen rain for a long time. I took a few steps to the window, slightly opening the blinds so I could see.

Rarity's driveway was decorated with rain, a small stream of water ran down the side of the street. I watched as a man walked down the sidewalk with a dog, he had a bright purple umbrella and was trying to stay as dry as possible. The little puppy dove right into the puddles formed by the heavy rain. And seeing the happiness from the dog, made me finally genuinely smile.

I could hear the rooftop serenaded by the rain's touch, the drumming on the windows. It had been so long since I had heard these sounds, seen the rain falling from the sky so heavily.

The loops had completely torn apart my life, leaving me with barely any energy to even sob. And then they took the only one person who understood what I was going through. The first person who I had ever opened up to.

The first person who I loved.

It was all painfully unfair.

But for now, to be able to live in this new moment, watching the rain fall from the sky,

this was enough.

Rarity

I woke up to the sharp smell of bleach, which immediately made me want to go back to the blissful unconscious state I was previously in. The world was completely silent apart from this loud beeping sound and my breathing. My eyes were open, and I was trying to make out the objects in front of me.

I didn't know what I was looking at, all I knew was that there was a loud beeping noise and everything was the same color. Every time I attempted to focus on the objects, it seemed to get blurrier.

It took a few seconds before I recognized what I was staring at. My heart did a small drop as soon as I realized. A hospital.

I was still alive.

It was all painfully white - the white ceiling, white curtains, white blankets, white bed, all of it stained my mind. I used to love the color white, or the 'absence of color' some might've called it. It was such a simple, yet dignified color.

White, to me at least, represented simplicity yet boldness. I used to wear the color all the time, it made me feel more like myself.

White was fresh, white was calm.