6⋅The truth

Depuis le début

I press my lips together in an attempt of avoiding anything stupid from going past my lips and nod again.

"You're wanted by BLI," Jet adds, "and you didn't mention it. I presume it was because you were afraid we wouldn't help you otherwise, but it actually doesn't matter. Also, about your friends." The subject catches my attention. "Their wanted posters are still up. It means they haven't been caught or dead, if that's what you've been worrying about." And Jet actually smiles, genuinely, at my relieved expression. "On the other hand, Dr. D doesn't know their whereabouts. We can help you looking for them, but only after you recover completely, of course."

To be honest, I am not sure if I would like to accept things from them. I don't know if they'll come later rubbing it on my face and asking for something impossible in return or whatever, but my situation is limited and my priority right now is finding my friends. Maybe my worries can wait.

"Thank you," I breathe with a small smile.

"Don't worry. But I want to know more. I heard about you knowing rotes to the city, by the way, and don't worry about us asking for it in exchange or something, that's something stupid to do and we only have interest in helping you." Jet keeps the cool as talking, gaining that cold air again because of the seriousness he assumes with the subject. "So, tell me, Skull Candy, what exactly happened?"

And that was the first time I saw Jet Star talk more than ten words in the span of an hour and display more emotions than two and the past ones, which includes displeasure, disbelief, second-hand embarrassment, neutral, subtle approval and whatever that specific face he does means.

It's no surprise I'm kind of emotionally tired when, finally, being able to walk away from Jet, having explained him everything that has happened so far. The way he started making such specific questions about my gang and, mainly, when he used my previous name, damn, he almost gave me a fucking heart attack. I could feel my whole blood draining to my feet in the moment I heard him say my name, but tried to keep the cool.

Jet can be quite of an enigma. He is cold, though easy to like, can and will get information from you easily and someone you can't help but to try to impress. And he knows that.

"Hello," Poison greets as walking into the room while I'm finishing a can of Power Pup, receiving a mutter in response from Jet. "No hello for (k/n) because he is an evil man," he glares at me.

I roll my eyes. "Sure, babe."

Party has a rather tight black shirt on and black, loose shorts that almost reach the middle of his thighs. I can't help but to observe him as he leans over the counter – stupidly, may I add, but the four of them are really similar in certain points – to grab Power Pup, blushing a bit at it. If he's already pale, his legs are practically paper white, like his torso.

Sticking his tongue out in response, Poison approaches to take the seat beside mine, now with a can of Power Pup in hands, too. He opens it and would start eating immediately if I hadn't taken the spoon and the can away from him before he is able to do anything.

"(K/n)," Poison whines a bit, just to put on a confused face when I hold a spoonful of Power to his mouth. "Wait- No, you're not feeding me," he complains, cheeks turning red.

"Oh, yes, I am! And I'm not let you refuse it! Now eat!" I narrow my eyes at him and it seems to be enough because Party pouts a bit before finally opening his mouth and starting to eat.

He kinda acts like a kid while eating. He will whine sometimes or roll his eyes and throw his head back while chewing, but that's nothing unexpected regarding Party. During one of the times when he seems lost in thoughts as chewing, I boop his nose, what brings him back to reality out of sudden and he's tense for a moment until looking at me, cheeks slowly growing red.