Ch.4: Alone Time.

Song: Stolen Dance - Milky Chance.

The night arrive quicker than he expected. Once in the ball, the prince tells Gabriel to wait as he walks towards a group of woman.

Gabriel sighs and looks towards the window, he wanted to exit the place and go to the garden.

A woman stand in front of him with a smile on her lips.

“Hi! I am Allura, a noblewoman of the kingdom. Your friend over there told me that you are shy, so I came here to help you out with that” she winks at him.

He looks at Nathanael who showed him a thumbs up before talking to other women. He rolls his eyes before looking back at the woman.

“He also told me that you don’t talk much, don’t worry I’ll do the talk”

The woman never left his side, it was annoying him. Even when he walked to the other end of the room, she followed him while talking to him. There was no way to get rid of her and the night was ending.

Suddenly, they hear a voice calling her over.

“Allura~”

They looked over to see a drunk woman walking towards them.

“Allura, I’m feeling funny” she giggles.

Allura sighs “You are drunk, let me take you to your room” she turns to look at the knight “I really enjoyed our time together, I hope to see you soon” she kisses his jaw and then takes her friend to the other side off the ball.

He uses this opportunity to walk off from the ball, he stayed for too long on here. The princess must think that he left her hanging on purpose.

Walking through the garden, he looks for a glimpse of the (h/c) haired woman laying under a small shelter. He looks at the woman closely and notices that she was sleeping as her head was lying on the leopard from before, the white animal was sleeping as well while cuddling with the princess. However, when the leopard hears someone approaching them, she opens her eyes and growls at the knight.

The princess sits up with sleepy eyes and sees the angry leopard glaring at the man in front of them. She looks at him.

“Is the ball over?” she asks with a gentle voice.

“They are playing the last songs… I’m sorry I didn’t come in here earlier”

She shakes her head and stands up “It’s okay” she mutters and smiles “At least you had fun” she points at the red lipstick mark on his jaw and walks back to the castle with the leopard next to her.

He places a hand on his jaw and sees his finger tainted with red, he frowns and quickly cleans himself before following her silently, however, the leopard turned around and growled at him.

“Knight Gabriel, I’m going back to my bedchamber” she looks at him “You don’t have to accompany me anymore if you have other plans”

He looks at her eyes, he wanted to tell her that he wants to spend time with her and only her but he didn’t want to look like a creep.

She nods at his silence and turns around to leave “Let’s go, Milky”

The leopard stopped growling at the knight and followed her into the back door.

The knight was confused, he couldn’t understand why his chest hurts. He experimented all types of pain before but this was so foreign. He tries to go after her but the leopard got in between again growling at him.

“Knight Gabriel” when she looks at his face, she sees the worried look on his eyes “Are you alright?” she places a hand on Milky’s head to calm her down.

He nods. He didn’t want to worry her.

“I’m a princess, you shouldn’t lie to me” she walks in front of him and places a hand on his cheek.

He looks at her eyes as the pain on his chest slowly goes away. He places his hand over hers and closes his eyes letting the warm feeling invade his chest.

“Knight Gabriel” she mutters “You don’t talk much, now do you?”

He shakes his head.

She giggles “So cute”

He opens his eyes in surprise and shakes his head as his cheeks turned red.

She smiles gently at him “You seem a little anxious, didn’t you enjoy the ball?”

He looks to the other side.

“I see” she looks at the ballroom where music still played “I like the dance, I just don’t like being surrounded by people who pretend that they care about me… it’s been so long since I last danced”

He looks at her and then at the ballroom, since they could still hear the music from there. Gently, he pulls her closer to his chest placing a hand on her waist while holding her other hand.

She smiles as she holds his hand and uses her other hand to grab her dress, they danced around the garden at the sound of the classic music.

Milky sits down watching them dance, she was ready to attack if the princess needed her.

(Y/n) rests her head on his chest making him smile gently at her, he loved the closeness between them. He has never felt this warmness before.

“Gabriel?”

They hear a distant yell, (Y/n) takes a step back and sees from the distance a prince looking for his knight.

Gabriel glares at his friends before looking at the princess with kind eyes.

“I have to go” she mutters looking at him “Thanks for coming” she leans up and kisses his cheek before running to the other side with the feline following her.

Gabriel sees her figure disappear between the walls.

“Here you are” Nathanael walks in front of him “What are you looking?” he looks at the same direction but he doesn’t see anything.

Gabriel shakes his head and looks at the prince.

“Doesn’t matter” he looks back at the knight “I heard that the lady was pretty charmed with the mysterious aura of yours” he chuckles.

The knight raises an eyebrow, he barely interacted with the woman and he was trying to avoid her.

“She asked me if she could see you tomorrow and I said that it was okay since tomorrow it’s my turn to spend my day with the princess” he wiggles his eyebrows “Maybe I can take that shyness out of her”

Gabriel frowns, he never wanted to punch his friend as much as he wants to do it now.

“Don’t look at me like that” the prince smiles at him “I know that you will enjoy your date with that lovely lady” he pats his back “Now, let’s get some sleep”