It was a cute habit.

He would disagree and call it "fucking stupid" but he hadn't noticed that I noticed.

I wanted to keep it that way. I waited for him to work up the courage to say what he was going to say, as he always did.

It went like this:

He'd fiddle with my fingers, testing how good they would fit together but never putting them together.

He'd do this for a few minutes, working up the courage as I tried to make him less nervous by kissing his cheek or something like that.

He'd blurt out what he wanted to say to me or take me with him to show me without a word.

He's adorable.

No one else would agree.

He would be all tough and scary while scowling one moment but full of mush as he fiddled with my fingers a few seconds later.

"What are you thinking about?" he muttered, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear as he stopped playing with my fingers and held it in his much larger one instead.

How adorable you are.

I couldn't say that out loud though.

The corners of my lips tugged upwards as I listened contently to the velvetiness of his voice and the pitter-patter of the rain combing together to make a perfect symphony.

It was lyrical how well his voice went with the thunder...

I could write a novel about how well his voice went with the thunder and how godly his cologne mixed with the dew to make an even more divine aroma. It would be a best-seller.

A fucking novel...

"Dancing in the rain," I whispered back, a small smile on my lips.

I was expecting him to say something along the lines of "that's stupid" or "that's one way to get sick."

But instead, he picked me up bridal style as I squealed in surprise as he led me to the vast terrace that was being rained down on, the floors wet. My arms were around his neck as I laughed while he smirked and quickly walking to the terrace.

I have to be dreaming.

He set me down gently as he got his phone out, typing a few things before a song was heard through the speakers. He held my hand in his as he led me into the pouring storm. My smile only got wider as I realized what song was playing.

(Play song now)

"As the world caves in" by Matt Maltese.

He pulled me in front of him, his hands around my waist while mine was on his arms as I smiled up at him.

"You're crazy," I laughed, my smile almost hurting.

"Only for you," he responded.

My heart almost beat out of my chest as we began to sway to the tempo of the music, my head on his shoulder as I felt the rain drench my hair and clothes as it did to him. His hands firmly held me as he brought me impossibly close to him, our heartbeats in perfect sync.

I felt his fingers trace the crease in my back from the shirt that was like a second skin now. My hands found his neck, my own fingers playing with the ends of his hair.

As we swayed side together, our bodies acting like one, I got a perfect view of the bleeding sky. The oranges, yellows, blues, and gray's mix together to make absolute heaven.

But heaven couldn't compare to this feeling in my chest.

No man had ever done something like this for me before. He didn't even hesitate because he saw that it would make me happy and that's all it took.

'Oh, 'cause t's you that I lie with' the song echoed.

I felt my eyes close in absolute bliss as a permanent smile made its way onto my face. I felt him hum the chorus, his deep voice like euphoria to my ears as he held me tighter, not wanting to let go.

I didn't want to let go either.

His hair was drenched and began to form into lush curls as his tattoos peeked out from his clothing. My hands tangled themselves deeper into his jet-black and onyx hair as I felt our movement get lighter as it now became an instinct.

He had caused a foreign feeling throughout my being.

I'd never felt like this before and I didn't know what to think.

All I knew was that I didn't want to be saved...I wanted to be taken...asphyxiated...by him if it was him who got to do it.

I was going to hell for swooning over a monster.

But he wasn't a monster...he was just human. He was absolutely perfect the way he was and I didn't want to change a thing about him. No matter how much people would want to judge, he was more than what people said.

He was human.

And even if he wasn't, I wouldn't mind.

But other people would call him a monster and if that's what they thought then so be it...even if they did say I was going to hell.

Then I didn't mind him being my purgatory.

I didn't mind going to hell if he went there with me.

Because this memory would be forever etched in my mind.

We danced in the rain together...and I would never forget it.

I'd never admired the rain more.

He was my rain...

So overlooked...so misjudged...

But so beautiful and magnificent the more you paid attention to it.

He was my rain...

My rain

"And here it is, our final night alive

And as the earth runs to the ground

Oh girl it's you that I lie with

As the atom bomb locks in

Oh it's you I watch TV with

As the world,

as the world caves,

Oh it's you that I lie with

As the atom bomb locks in

Yes it's you I welcome death with

As the world, as the world caves in

As the world caves in..."

~

(A/N): WD-1438

This is by far my favorite chapter ever