Phase X Three - Stuck X With X You

The airship seemed to have finally landed a fair while later than the time Chairman Netero and his secretary Beans had previously suggested.

In fact it seemed quite a few people had noticed and gotten grouchy over this fact, while others were thankful for the extra time to rest.

Everyone filed out of the airship onto a large platform, many looking around in confusion.

"What is this place?"
"There's nothing here."

I took a few steps away from the group, noting that there was a clear edge to the platform we stood upon. Before I could make any more move to investigate, the sound of the small green secretary clearing his throat had me turning to look at him.

"Everyone, this is the site of te Hunter's Exam's third phase. You'll be competing here at the top of the Trick Tower." he stated, a smile on his face.

"D'you say Trick Tower?" One of the examinee's asked.

"In order to pass this phase, you must reach the base of this tower alive. The time limit, is seventy-two hours." the small man explained. "And with that, the exam's third phase will now begin. Good luck to each and every one of you."

As he spoke his last words to us and moved to re-enter the airship, everyone tuned to look at each other with mild confusion. I took my place behind the two twelve year olds, weary of all those surrounding.

"All right everyone, do your best!" the voice of beans echoed loudly as the Zeppelin drifted further and further away. The examinees took a final glance, before we all dispersed into each of our respected groups.

"Well, I guess we should move towards the edge for a way down." Kurapika suggested. With no one having a better idea, we all made our way to the edge of the tower.

I dragged myself a few paces ahead and crouching to peer over the edge of the platform, my hair favouring towards a single side due to the updraft. "Oh wow... wouldn't want to fall down there." I chuckled, turning to the rest of the group as the drew closer.

Gon let out a sound of surprise as he looked over the edge.

"Now what, are we supposed to climb down?" Leorio questioned, looking to Kurapika for answers.

"Well I hope not, that would be suicide." Kurapika looked to the bottom of the tower with wide eyes.

A laugh sounded behind us, causing us to all turn around. "Sure... for most guys." Number 96 said smugly. He was soon already on his way down the side of the Trick Tower. "For an expert rock climber like me," he gruffed, "this is gonna be a piece of cake." with that, the rock climber continued his way down.

"Oh wow..." Killua watched closely.

"Look at how fast he's going!" Gon commended.

"Rock climber or not, he's got a long way to go." I mentioned. "Let's hope he doesn't get too tired and give up." I stood up, and turned to walk away but the others seemed to want to keep watching the rock climber. "Yo, guys? We should probably move to find our own way down..."

The sound of flapping stopped me from pushing them further, looking around, I finally decided on the direction they would be coming from. "This isn't good."

Just as the words left me, four flying beasts flew by the rock climber. "No stop!" he yelled, one of the creatures appearing beneath him and capturing him within their mouth, flying up past us and the taking him away. The words "help me" hitting our ears.

"Uh... so I guess we can't climb down..." Leorio said, voice wobbley. "Not this way atleast." he qickly added, suitcase held up against his chest.

"Ee-yeah..." the blond agreed.